Author Topic: Latest rumor in Portland about draft  (Read 942 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Latest rumor in Portland about draft
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:45:55 PM »
We trade #3 and Ruben to Utah, and get the #6, Kirk Snyder and Gordan Giricek, and the we swap the #6 and DA to the Lakers for #10, Chucky Atkins, and Vlade Divac, who will be immediately waived.

Also heard that it the Utah deal will include Zach and Carlos Boozer.

I can understand the Utah deal, but not the LA deal.  Maybe we save a little cap space by waiving Vlade, and get rid of DA, but Chucky Atkins and #10 for #6 I don't know.  I really believe that the Blazers want to sign euro stud Jasikevisus, to be the PG, and allow Telfair a few more years of seasoning.  Why trade for Atkins if you are going after Jasikevisus??
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 01:10:19 PM »
I will eat my hat if the Jazz ever put Ruben Patterson in a Utah uniform. It'll never happen.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 01:54:41 PM »
I will eat my hat if the Jazz ever put Ruben Patterson in a Utah uniform. It'll never happen.
Ted,
I am not going to hold you to it, but I think you need to keep your knife and fork handy, and a little mustard just in case.  I think this deal has the greatest probability of any I have heard yet.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil