Author Topic: Playoff Pick MDay 5/30  (Read 2389 times)

AccuStats

Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« on: May 26, 2005, 01:44:58 AM »
I'm in Asia for a spell.  Have a safe and sound weekend.  

Monday, May 30
Game 4
Phoenix at San Antonio

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »
San Antonio
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:50:48 AM »
SA - sean comes back to play one game and hit another memorial day miracle...lol
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 09:04:15 AM »
Phoenix Suns

They have to win at least one, right??
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 09:06:40 AM »
I do not wish to vote for Phoenix for memorial day.  I thought I was picking for Game 3 not Game 4.  I'll decide on this one later.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

rickortreat

Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:18:53 PM »
Suns

I've been wrong about this series so far.  No one has been able to stay with the Suns all year, but the Spurs have proven they have the ability to distrupt the flow of the Suns offense.

The Suns haven't been able to deal with the pressure, since until this series no-one's been good enough to put that much pressure on them.  In the last game, the Spurs defense managed to shut down Nash and prevent him from penetrating.  Joe Johnsons return helped, but it wasn't enough.

For the Suns to win this one, they need Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson to get back to being involved with the offense.  Stoudamire has been fantastic, but he needs help, and these guys were supplying it all year.  I think it would help if D'antoni got these players to focus on defense and rebounding to prevent them from putting too much pressure on themselves on offense.  They're clearly tight and unable to play with their ususal effectiveness.  Until this series I never saw Marion blow a layup.  

This is where the Spurs have their real edge.  They've been in this situation before and know how to win.  They're confident in themsleves and their abilities.  My hope is that this expereince will help the Suns to find that they can compete with the Spurs.  They have the talent, they simply have to apply it in the pressure of a playoff game where they're about to be closed out.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »
Suns.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 01:15:49 PM »
Spurs

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick MDay 5/30
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 02:39:52 PM »
San Antonio Spurs