Author Topic: Jason Terry allows shot  (Read 767 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jason Terry allows shot
« on: May 21, 2005, 10:16:02 AM »
Can you believe your eyes?

Dallas up 3 with 5 seconds to go.
All Terry had to do was foul Nash thus 2 FTAs.
We talked about this on an earler thread.
"Abolish this rule please" http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...olish+this+rule

Instead he backs up, lets Nash launch tying 3.  :eek2:  :unsure:

This has got to be one of the all time playoff faux paws.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Jason Terry allows shot
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 10:25:07 AM »
Make up your mind....you wanted so bad for them not to do this in that thread and now you wanted him to do this?  Which is it?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jason Terry allows shot
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 02:24:09 PM »
If a team has not used up their allotted fouls to give before the end of the game, of course they should be allowed to use their "foul(s) to give" at the end.

However if they are over the limit, why should they be awarded for walking up and intentionally fouling, thus their opponent getting only 2 FTAs while preventing a 3 pt attempt?

Dallas was over the limit.  Since the rule is still is in effect Terry should have absolutely taken advantage of it.  

Over or under the limit, we're I coaching I would instruct the shooter just prior to or upon contact to fling the ball towards the hoop.  Thus should be awarded a shooting foul.  

Since lame NBA most likely would not have awarded Nash a shooting foul, Terry should have absolutely gone for the 2 shot foul.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jason Terry allows shot
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 10:49:43 AM »
Screw giving up the foul.

Terry could have at least put a hand up. He did nothing.

Did you see Dirk totally wailing on Terry on the way back to the bench? Pathetic effort on Terry's part.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton