Author Topic: Amare vs Dwayne  (Read 1035 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Amare vs Dwayne
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:57:28 AM »
Both excellent players, future all-stars, and have been dominating their opponents in the second round.   Both are also comming off some very impressive games to help bring their team a much needed win.    If you had the choice to build your team around one of the two, who would you pick and why????
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:41:25 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

Amare vs Dwayne
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:07:17 PM »
Amare.  Good PF's are hard to find, and he is one.

D Wade's a good player, but there are a lot of guys that are as good, or close enough that you don't have to have him.  

Who's a better PF than Amare now?

Guest_Randy

Amare vs Dwayne
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »
Great big men are harder to find -- shooting guards are a dime a dozen in this league.  Sure, Wade is one of the better ones but there are a dozen very good shooting guards in this league (Kobe, TMac, Wade, VC, Allen, Johnson, AI, Redd, Crawford, Finley, Ginobili, Hamilton, Hinrich, Maggette, Mobley, J. Richardson, Q. Richardson, Simmons)  -- look how long that list is -- now make your PF list of talented players at both ends of the court (TD, Dirk, Stoudamire, Shaq, KG, Brand, J. O'Neal).  There's a lot more small guys than big guys -- it makes Stoudamire more valuable.  

I will say one thing that is different about them -- Wade has proven that he can put a team on his shoulders and win an important game -- Stoudamire hasn't proven he can even win a game and put his team on his shoulders without Nash.  And I am still surprised by that -- perhaps it's just immaturity at this point -- the kid is still only 23.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Amare vs Dwayne
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:35:42 PM »
I'd rather build my team around Amare.  But I think Wade's probably the better basketball player right now.