Author Topic: So much for hand checking fouls, huh?  (Read 676 times)

Guest_Randy

So much for hand checking fouls, huh?
« on: May 11, 2005, 08:31:09 AM »
This year the league made it very clear that hand checking would not be allowed in the NBA.  A defender would not be allowed to place their hands on a perimeter player thereby gaininig an edge.  I've seen this called pretty consistently now but it seems, since the playoffs have started, these calls have been totally forgotten.  Umm, WHY call it in the regular season if you aren't going to call it in the postseason?  I don't see any way that Seattle will ever beat SA -- however, the handchecking on Allen and Lewis is robbing us of the ability to see a great series here.  These handchecking calls were a lot of the reason why Seattle has done so well this year -- it has allowed Allen and Lewis to set themselves to get great looks at the basket.  Now, the handchecking fouls are totally ignored and once again, defenders are allowed to "frisk" their opponents on defense freely -- Seattle's big men like to play physical ball but Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis can't play that game.  I don't think that edge would be the reason that Seattle beats SA -- never thought they could do that -- but I DO think this series would be a LOT more interesting if the refs would continue to do what they have done all year long and enforce the rules that they stated would be enforced at the beginning of the season.  Without the handchecking rule, this series is going to be dull, disinteresting and like all the other series in round #2, lose viewers because they simply aren't very competitive!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:42:08 AM »
You would think that with those ugly bright yellow uniforms they had on it would be real easy to see a players hand on the offensive players body.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 12:38:12 PM »
You would think that with those ugly bright yellow uniforms they had on it would be real easy to see a players hand on the offensive players body.
it will be interesting to see if we could pull off a sweep in this series, sir charles is right about seattle - only two scorers they need a third option to have a monster game, and that person is out of the series now.  either that or they better hope our team runs out of gas soon...scoring over 54 percent though,  that's doenst sem likely to me it looks like the Spurs are getting more confident each game, the defense is tight and the offense is relentless, if Tim is doubled tony or manu will drive or they will go for the mid range shot...tall order for seattle in this series...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.