Author Topic: Dallas Massacre  (Read 750 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas Massacre
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:06:58 AM »
Most lopsided Game 7 score in NBA history.
40 points.  

Guest_spursfan101

Dallas Massacre
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:56:31 AM »
I was shocked, no way did I think the Mavs could take Htown in a seven game series. Propls to AJ for preaching Spurs-like defense.

And what's up with Traci Mcgrady?  When he does a good play, hate the way he swaggers and stares at the opponents bench, and dosen't get back on D. Popovitch would kill him for doing that if he was Spur.  Guy's awesome, but a first round joke!    :nod:  

Guest_Randy

Dallas Massacre
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:24:18 AM »
Yao was the key to this series -- this guy HAS to pull down 12-15 boards for Houston to win and what does he have?  He averages 7.7 boards per game!  The guy HAS to want the ball more when he goes for a rebound -- he is simply too passive.  Same on offense -- he is just standing there waiting for someone to throw him the ball and Dallas has smaller quicker guys denying him any kind of entry pass.  If Yao can't manage to pull in a pass against guy almost a foot shorter than he is, it's pathetic.  

You know what REALLY scares me?  Everyone that says "LA has a real shot at getting him."  First, I don't believe that.  Second, the Lakers don't need yet ANOTHER big man that has to be externally motivated to do anything on the court.

Houston made some big mistakes this year:
   1.  Giving up Jimmy Jackson (yeah, David Wesley REALLY helped you, didn't he)
   2.  Trading for PG's who can't shoot 3's.
Houston shot themselves in the foot, IMO, with the trades they made.

By-the-way, did anyone hear Bob Collins talking about the defensive prowess of David Wesley -- how he was Houstons best defender?  Well, if he is their best defender, no WONDER Houston lost!!!

rickortreat

Dallas Massacre
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 11:01:50 AM »
Only surprise was that it took Dallas longer to put them out.  Houston has some good players, but not enough of a game plan to win against good teams consistently.  Van Gundy sucks as a coach,  a good one would have developed a strategy to play to their strengths and exploit the other teams weaknesses.

guest-koast

Dallas Massacre
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
Yao is so overrated.  A guy that tall can only manage to get that many rebounds in a series that has him against one undersized post player and Shawn Bradley, arguable the slowest guy of all time.  No excuse what-so-ever.

Like I said his first year and his second year.....Yao will never be a dominant player because he is too passive.  He doesnt have the personality to takeover the game.  The problem is if T-Mac cant HE HAS too.  Similar things have been said about Duncan by other people, I disagree.  Duncan will put the team on his back, keep calling for the ball, and really play aggressive defense.  Yao does none of that.  He may not be the incredible hulk in the paint dishing out damage but he puts his team on his back.  That is what dominant players do.

Van Gundy's whole deal is defense, defense, defense....yet his team played none.  Honestly he deserves to be fired for not making adjustments when the bleeding first started.  How do you lose to a jump shooting team by 40 points when you are one of the best defensive teams in the league all year?