Author Topic: Spurseses  (Read 6390 times)

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 04:15:14 PM »
I've got a question for you two on the "bandwagon" front.  How many years and how many teams have i rooted for?  

Oh do tell.  You've made the "bandwagon" chant whenever you needed to deflect attention away from a weak arsed argument.  So do tell.  Be accountable.

Now I must say, i don't do sucker punches or sissy hits.  So I'm letting you know in advance, other regular long time posters have changed the teams they root for in their lifetimes.  They, like me, are not birth-to-grave-you-must-root-for-the- -same-team adherents.
Actually, you are probably the only one who knows JUST how many teams you have been a bandwagon fan of -- when you first came to this board, you weren't entrenched in ANY camp (probably because the Bulls bandwagon was dismantled and one thing we DO all know, you hate the Lakers so you won't join that bandwagon -- to which I am very very grateful).  

However, WHEN the Spurs started playing great ball, you began beating your chest just like a longtime fan!  

However, I find it VERY interesting that you make this comment . . .
You've made the "bandwagon" chant whenever you needed to deflect attention away from a weak arsed argument. 
esp. when you totally neglect to respond to any of my points!  And don't you find it interesting that NOBODY agrees with you?  Gosh, you would think a bandwagoneer would at least give respect to those fans who have actually rooted for their teams through the good times AND the bad!

It's a little easy to jump on the bandwagon of a team while they are on top -- and then to just move on when they begin to rebuild and scrape bottom, isn't it?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 04:22:03 PM »
I'll get around to your points.  Of which i have seen no one agree that Nazr was the "best Spur on the court".  Your theoretical 5-10 points being strictly due to Nazr I'll also address.

No no no you two have made the "bandwagon" claim so have at it.  Lets see the teams and years.  

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 04:31:49 PM »
I'll get around to your points.  Of which i have seen no one agree that Nazr was the "best Spur on the court".  Your theoretical 5-10 points being strictly due to Nazr I'll also address.

No no no you two have made the "bandwagon" claim so have at it.  Lets see the teams and years.

Umm, you WOULDN'T see a game in which Nazr was the best player for the Spurs -- no matter HOW many people agreed with it because if it doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas, you just manage to ignore it!  That's a well documented fact here, isn't it?  How many people have stated that Nazr is playing well and you just continue to ignore them -- that comes from Spurs fans, Sixer fans, -- everyone EXCEPT for you!!!

And I'll do one better than giving you your proof:
So I'm letting you know in advance, other regular long time posters have changed the teams they root for in their lifetimes. They, like me, are not birth-to-grave-you-must-root-for-the- -same-team adherents.

Why do we need to offer proof, by your own words you already admit to the fact!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »
I'll get around to your points.  Of which i have seen no one agree that Nazr was the "best Spur on the court".  Your theoretical 5-10 points being strictly due to Nazr I'll also address.

No no no you two have made the "bandwagon" claim so have at it.  Lets see the teams and years.

Umm, you WOULDN'T see a game in which Nazr was the best player for the Spurs -- no matter HOW many people agreed with it because if it doesn't agree with your preconceived ideas, you just manage to ignore it!  That's a well documented fact here, isn't it?  How many people have stated that Nazr is playing well and you just continue to ignore them -- that comes from Spurs fans, Sixer fans, -- everyone EXCEPT for you!!!

And I'll do one better than giving you your proof:
So I'm letting you know in advance, other regular long time posters have changed the teams they root for in their lifetimes. They, like me, are not birth-to-grave-you-must-root-for-the- -same-team adherents.

Why do we need to offer proof, by your own words you already admit to the fact!
"playing well" or "best Spur on the court"

C'mon now, lets see who agrees with your "best Spur on the court"?
Backpedalling is good exercise?

1 wimpout on the bandwagon front.  
westkoat, you wanna make it two.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:36:37 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
You seem to be under the assumption that I said Nazr was the best Spurs on the court for the entire series -- which would be as wrong as you normally are!

We all know you are a bandwagon fan, you've admitted to being a bandwagon fan and since you've only been here for 2 years (gee, how have the Spurs been doing in those 2 years?) it's pretty lame to try and ask us to provide your lifetime NBA history and then call it "wimping out", huh?  Your delusional!!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 05:03:23 PM »
I've got a question for you two on the "bandwagon" front.  How many years and how many teams have i rooted for? 

Oh do tell.  You've made the "bandwagon" chant whenever you needed to deflect attention away from a weak arsed argument.  So do tell.  Be accountable.

Now I must say, i don't do sucker punches or sissy hits.  So I'm letting you know in advance, other regular long time posters have changed the teams they root for in their lifetimes.  They, like me, are not birth-to-grave-you-must-root-for-the- -same-team adherents.
Spurs
Pistons
Wolves
Kings

Pretty much any team that looked like they were going to beat the Lakers in the playoffs :lol:  Did you really ask that question?  You know there is a search feature on this board and it works very well.

What long time posters switched teams they root for?  Just because a poster, like myself, wants to see the Spurs win doesnt mean that my alligance is to them and I am a full fleged bandwagon rider.  Everyone knows I am still a Laker fan....however no one knows who your team is.  It changes depending on the situation.  Tell us what other long time posters changed the teams they root for.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 05:31:40 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 10:43:50 PM »
Nazr has been playing GREAT!  anyone with the slightest basketball knowledge could tell you that.  his quick hands and speed helped us out in the last game for example - breaking up ally oop passes stealing the ball out of boykins hands, etc, plus the guys SIZE has been pretty handy against the physical Nuggets - i for one am glad that the series is over, i was afraid someone was going to get hurt soon.  I really feel more confident going into the next round with Nazr on board against the Sonics.  To me the key to win that series is to control the board, and not to say this was Roses fault, but Fortson was really getting the best of us in the begginning of the season, I really feel confident that Nazr is hungry enough to really nulify Fortson for us.  I will say my pick is Spurs in 5 next round.  of course it wont be easy, but i feel good about the next round.

Speaking of Rose, it's kind of "f"'d up.  he got home from New York to find $200,000.00 of his jewelry stolen...including his two championship rings!!!  Luckily, they recovered his rings, and are still missing a few thousand in other jewelry..but the rings are back - and malik is NOT going to press charges on the condition he gets ALL of his jewelry back.  Some freaking construction worker stole it while working in his house because he wante dto prove he was working in Rose's house to his girlfriend...he just decided to take more than the rings as well.  One of the guys co workers ratted him out...why??  BECAUSE THE DUDE LOVES HIS SPURS!!!!  LMAO!

Big dog has been a HUGE surprise - I mean this guy WANTS to play defense!!  nice return from the dead ...this summer is going to be interesting, If he continues to play hard Pop will want to get him on a contract...it will be interesting to see how he works that out as well as sign Luis Scola...man i hope we dont end up going "fishing" this summer....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 08:57:21 AM »
You seem to be under the assumption that I said Nazr was the best Spurs on the court for the entire series -- which would be as wrong as you normally are!

We all know you are a bandwagon fan, you've admitted to being a bandwagon fan and since you've only been here for 2 years (gee, how have the Spurs been doing in those 2 years?) it's pretty lame to try and ask us to provide your lifetime NBA history and then call it "wimping out", huh?  Your delusional!!!
Randoph,

Calm down.  Lying to try to make a point?  You're better then that.  Many have posted in varying degrees that Nazr is playing his role well with the Spurs.
However I'm still waiting for anyone to agree with you that Nazr was "the best Spur on the court." in one of the Spurs playoff games.   Got a Snickers bar?  westKoast could help you use the search feature.

On the *bandwagon* front.....
Randolph I've been here since MSNBC.  Thats well over two years.  We'll address that below.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »
I've got a question for you two on the "bandwagon" front.  How many years and how many teams have i rooted for? 

Oh do tell.  You've made the "bandwagon" chant whenever you needed to deflect attention away from a weak arsed argument.  So do tell.  Be accountable.

Now I must say, i don't do sucker punches or sissy hits.  So I'm letting you know in advance, other regular long time posters have changed the teams they root for in their lifetimes.  They, like me, are not birth-to-grave-you-must-root-for-the- -same-team adherents.
Spurs
Pistons
Wolves
Kings

Pretty much any team that looked like they were going to beat the Lakers in the playoffs :lol:  Did you really ask that question?  You know there is a search feature on this board and it works very well.

What long time posters switched teams they root for?  Just because a poster, like myself, wants to see the Spurs win doesnt mean that my alligance is to them and I am a full fleged bandwagon rider.  Everyone knows I am still a Laker fan....however no one knows who your team is.  It changes depending on the situation.  Tell us what other long time posters changed the teams they root for.
Another non answer.

So you can root for another team but that okay.  Because it's known you're a LakerKrishna.  Fair enough.  If anyone else roots for another team, they are a bandwagoner if they have not declared a birth-to-grave allegaince to one team?

So clarify for me without changing the subject.  

Does a poster have to be a birth-to-grave-one-team-only poster otherwise they are a bandwagoner?

I'm gonna post the longtimers who pulled for other teams....but clarify the above.

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 09:18:59 AM »
Reality, you are STILL an idiot!!!

You refuse to admit you are wrong.  Then when you feel the tide of facts overwhelming you, you begin to try to change the subject, make side points, call names, etc., etc., etc.

Who was a BETTER player than Nazr in that Spurs game?
You try and paint Nazr as a "role player" -- he HAS played the defensive interior position (during this series) better than TD.  He stepped up and controlled the post (i.e. limiting penetration) while garnering offensive rebounds to boot.  And when posters come here and post "he is great" -- you want to make their posts about him being a "role player."  The Spurs WOULD have lost without Nazr in this series -- mainly because of TD's injuries (does ANYONE here believe that Rasho would have EVER done the things that Nazr has done even completely healthy?) and that's in SPITE of playing hurt.  Nazr still has a lot of growth in the offensive area but his defense and rebounding is something that the Spurs would NOT have won without!

Speaking of lying, show me where I stated that ANYONE else said that Nazr was the best Spurs on the floor in that one game!  What I said was that other people are saying that Nazr is playing GREAT (and not just "good as a role player" like you are trying to make their posts out to be) -- and LOTS of people agree with me (see SpursX3 post just above mine).

You are an imbecile -- to accuse someone of lying by placing words in their mouth!  

Reality, Why won't you just admit that the trade for Nazr was a smart move by the Spurs?

It's obvious that he's contirbuted a lot more to the Spurs than Rose, and will continue to contribute more.

He's a more effective post player and he gives the Spurs more of what they need to win.

Nazr has been playing GREAT! anyone with the slightest basketball knowledge could tell you that. his quick hands and speed helped us out in the last game for example - breaking up ally oop passes stealing the ball out of boykins hands, etc, plus the guys SIZE has been pretty handy against the physical Nuggets - i for one am glad that the series is over, i was afraid someone was going to get hurt soon. I really feel more confident going into the next round with Nazr on board against the Sonics. To me the key to win that series is to control the board, and not to say this was Roses fault, but Fortson was really getting the best of us in the begginning of the season, I really feel confident that Nazr is hungry enough to really nulify Fortson for us. I will say my pick is Spurs in 5 next round. of course it wont be easy, but i feel good about the next round.

Now, Reality, you lying pile of camel dung, you show me where someone agrees with YOU that Nazr has just been a good role player in this series!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 09:30:28 AM »

Spurs
Pistons
Wolves
Kings

Another non answer.

So you can root for another team but that okay.  Because it's known you're a LakerKrishna.  Fair enough.  If anyone else roots for another team, they are a bandwagoner if they have not declared a birth-to-grave allegaince to one team?

So clarify for me without changing the subject.  

Does a poster have to be a birth-to-grave-one-team-only poster otherwise they are a bandwagoner?

I'm gonna post the longtimers who pulled for other teams....but clarify the above.
Here is the difference Reality....you just became a die hard Spurs fan 2 years ago.  The same time they beat the Lakers and won it all.  Before that?  Who knows.  You seemed to constantly talk about the Kings.  Before that? You admited to being a Boston Celtics fan probably because they were winning then.  You switch teams depending on the situation.  Last year you were rooting for the Spurs then when they lost you were rooting for the Wolves then when they lost you were rooting for the Pistons.  The only team youve stuck with rooting for is the Spurs in the last year and you havent been a Spurs fan like the REAL ones on this board.  Again, your ship jumped when it was convient....like the Spurs becoming the best team in the league.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ without changing the subject.  Wasnt the subject Rick, you, myself, and Randy were talking about was Nazr?  Who changed the subject?  I believe that was you :rofl:  It was a very good tactic to sidestep the points brought up about Nazr, say if you were posting on fanhome.  Doesnt work here.

And others said Nazr was the best player on the court for the game Randy was talking......A REAL Spurs fan said it.  As did Randy, myself, and Rick.  We do have a search feature Reality, use it.  In fact Reality, here is it.  Rick and Spursx3 both commenting on Nazr's game.

http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...8&st=0&hl=spurs
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:35:50 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 09:33:56 AM »
Yet another non answer.

Filled with inaccuracies at that.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:42:55 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 09:42:29 AM »
Yet another non answer.
Still waiting for you to stop dodging the points about Nazr here Reality.  Lets not stray from the original subject.  We can do two things at once....talk about how you are bandwagon and Nazr.  When a peacefull Spurs fan TELLS you that you are bandwagon that should say something.

Bandwagon fans are fans who all the sudden start liking a team when they become really good or win the championship.  Case in point.....you becomming a Spurs fan 2 years ago.  Someone who roots for other teams isnt a bandwagon fan as long as they all the sudden dont ride hard for that team out of nowhere.  I root for the Spurs in the last series but everyone knows im still a Laker fan.  However, you ARE a bandwagon fan seeing as you magically became a Spurs fan when they won the title.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 09:45:31 AM »
And others said Nazr was the best player on the court for the game Randy was talking......A REAL Spurs fan said it.  As did Randy, myself, and Rick.  We do have a search feature Reality, use it.  In fact Reality, here is it.  Rick and Spursx3 both commenting on Nazr's game.

not a word from rt or X3 about Nazr backing you and Randolphs Nazr being "the best player on the court"

:rolleyes:  putting up a thread and then having no such quote.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:23:09 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 09:53:48 AM »
And others said Nazr was the best player on the court for the game Randy was talking......A REAL Spurs fan said it.  As did Randy, myself, and Rick.  We do have a search feature Reality, use it.  In fact Reality, here is it.  Rick and Spursx3 both commenting on Nazr's game.

not a word from rt or X3 about Nazr backing you and Randolphs Nazr being "the best player on the court"

:rolleyes:  puttijng up a quote and then having nothing in the thread.  :rofl:
Come on Reality...use your brain this morning

Spursx3: "Nazr had a monster game last night, the rest of the team fell flat. That doesnt happen too often guys, so yeah, they need to adjust and come back and win"

Now to people with something in their skull this says 'Nazr was the best player on the court because everyone else fell flat and he had a monster game'  Did you ride the short bus to work today??? :rofl:  I dont expect you to quote and reply to this.  Its alright LOL.

Rick also commented on how they should have stuck with Nazr but instead went to Duncan and that was stupid.  Why? Because Nazr was the best player on the court.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:05:45 AM by westkoast »