Author Topic: Do or die for the Sixers tonight.  (Read 687 times)

rickortreat

Do or die for the Sixers tonight.
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:38:25 PM »
The loss on Sunday was a major setback, since the team should have won that game, having gone out to a 9 point lead.  They even played the game I wanted, with Igoudala and Korver getting a good number of shots.  If they made their normal percentage, the Sixers would have won easilly.

It came down to their ability to handle the pressure, and their lack of experience as rookies.  I hope they're quick learners and realize that it's their ability to perform under playoff conditions that will determine how good they really are.

Igoudala in particular, was tentative, even when he took it inside.  IMO, he missed those shots, because he wasn't aggressive enough.  Take it to the rack, Andre!  And, Kyle just needs to relax and let 'em go, he's due for a good game.  Willie should get some more minutes, and hopefully give us an extra spark.

The Sixers have figured out how to play with Detroit, but Detroit's experience and ability to rise to the occaission gives them the edge.  The Sixers will have to match the effort of the last two games and improve their shooting to manage a victory.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Do or die for the Sixers tonight.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:46:40 PM »
The Sixers have figured out how to play with Detroit, but Detroit's experience and ability to rise to the occaission gives them the edge.  The Sixers will have to match the effort of the last two games and improve their shooting to manage a victory.
Concur with all your points.

But whats gonna happen when Detroit plays its best game?  If Philly responds and wins great, but my point is we haven't seen Detroits best either.