Author Topic: Halftime Spurs Nuggets  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« on: April 30, 2005, 10:55:47 PM »
:hail: GNob.  This is what a top NBA shooting guard does Randolph.

:up: Pop makes an offensive adjustment! :eek2:  :eek2:   Takes out Tony Parker with his Eva Langoria perfume trance play and puts in Beno Udrih.  
GNob and Beno were working the little munchin Earl Boykins.  Did you catch some of those bullit passes from GNob as Beno cut to the hoop?  WooHoo!  

Nazr takes 5 years to get ball above his head.  Whats up with that?  Bring in Mass.

Foul call #3 on Timmy Dunker. :nonono:  :nonono:  Wussy flop by KMart gets the call.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 10:56:12 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »
3rd qtr up 8 and Zit orders the "Force It To Tim" garbage while everyone else is supposed to stop even trying to be a scoring option.  

0-7.   Denver only down by 3.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 03:35:37 PM »
3rd qtr up 8 and Zit orders the "Force It To Tim" garbage while everyone else is supposed to stop even trying to be a scoring option. 

0-7.   Denver only down by 3.
Look, in that situation you throw the ball to the best player on the court, and let him try to create something.  I highly doubt Pop told everyone else 'Ok the ball is going to Timmy, you guys do nothing but watch.'

Does make you wonder after the 5 missed shot in a row if Pop decided that maybe to try some pick and roll or pick and pop?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 03:35:52 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 08:31:21 PM »

0-7.   Denver only down by 3.
Look, in that situation you throw the ball to the best player on the court, and let him try to create something.  I highly doubt Pop told everyone else 'Ok the ball is going to Timmy, you guys do nothing but watch.'

Does make you wonder after the 5 missed shot in a row if Pop decided that maybe to try some pick and roll or pick and pop?
think of it this way, when tony goes cold pop will continue to keep him in the game even though he is not making his shots - Pop tells him to keep shooting - which is probably what he tells Tim to do - keep shooting, the slump has to end sometimes and you cant go and forget about a player just because they are missing.  let alone when its a player that can deliver and is just working through something, he has done that with all of the team at one point or another, it works, Pop knows his players and knows how to not get them down on themselves.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 08:46:06 PM »
:hail: GNob.  This is what a top NBA shooting guard does Randolph.

:up: Pop makes an offensive adjustment! :eek2:  :eek2:   Takes out Tony Parker with his Eva Langoria perfume trance play and puts in Beno Udrih.  
GNob and Beno were working the little munchin Earl Boykins.  Did you catch some of those bullit passes from GNob as Beno cut to the hoop?  WooHoo!  

Nazr takes 5 years to get ball above his head.  Whats up with that?  Bring in Mass.

Foul call #3 on Timmy Dunker. :nonono:  :nonono:  Wussy flop by KMart gets the call.
Reality,

I saw the game, props to Manu -- but I have already seen a BETTER shooting guard than Manu.  Props to Manu on a great game.

Almost the entire Spurs squad were playing poorly -- Parker just looked horrible out there and if TD is healthy, it's a bad sign because his play has just been ugly.  Nazr is having problems with the Nuggets athleticism but Horry helped keep the Spurs from fighting for their lives!  

The Spurs had BETTER wake up out of their funk because if they play this kind of ball, they won't make it past Phoenix!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:01:59 AM »
:hail: GNob.  This is what a top NBA shooting guard does Randolph.

:up: Pop makes an offensive adjustment! :eek2:  :eek2:   Takes out Tony Parker with his Eva Langoria perfume trance play and puts in Beno Udrih. 
GNob and Beno were working the little munchin Earl Boykins.  Did you catch some of those bullit passes from GNob as Beno cut to the hoop?  WooHoo!   

Nazr takes 5 years to get ball above his head.  Whats up with that?  Bring in Mass.

Foul call #3 on Timmy Dunker. :nonono:  :nonono:  Wussy flop by KMart gets the call.
Reality,

I saw the game, props to Manu -- but I have already seen a BETTER shooting guard than Manu.  Props to Manu on a great game.

Almost the entire Spurs squad were playing poorly -- Parker just looked horrible out there and if TD is healthy, it's a bad sign because his play has just been ugly.  Nazr is having problems with the Nuggets athleticism but Horry helped keep the Spurs from fighting for their lives!  

The Spurs had BETTER wake up out of their funk because if they play this kind of ball, they won't make it past Phoenix!
Well, the altitude plays SOME part in the horrible play - the funny thing is that Denver looked WAY more winded than our guys in the thrid quarter.  the spurs looked like it finally hit them in the fourth.  plus I think the loud home crowd always intimidates any team, it was nice to shut them up with those threes from horry.

Dont like the physical play though from this team.  That flagrant on manu should have been called on three players from denver not just carmelo - Buckner basically PUNCHED manu in the face, carmelo shoved him into Kmarts elbow.  Havent they learned this guy is tougher than they are!!!!  no matter how many team knock him down, Manu always picks him self back up and plays it even more!  he will keep driving no matter what, they wont intimidate him.  They should have Flag 2 the lot of them.  hell Atleast Camby had the gumption to walk over and apologize to Pop for the stupidity his teammates had just displayed.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 10:41:24 AM »

0-7.   Denver only down by 3.

think of it this way, when tony goes cold pop will continue to keep him in the game even though he is not making his shots - Pop tells him to keep shooting - which is probably what he tells Tim to do - keep shooting, the slump has to end sometimes and you cant go and forget about a player just because they are missing.  let alone when its a player that can deliver and is just working through something, he has done that with all of the team at one point or another, it works, Pop knows his players and knows how to not get them down on themselves.
Ya but how many hard cuts did you see during those 7 missed shots?  Cuz ive seen harder cuts from first graders using play-dough scissors.  My point was that some of these guys are caught just watching and not cutting.  Barry I understand, he isnt a slasher and doesnt get to the rim much.  Parker and Manu however have no reason not to be making hard cuts.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 11:33:46 AM »
Randy I am definitely watching the playoffs this year.  Let me know when i can see this shooting guard that is playing BETTER then Manu.  I know A.I. is sharin and scarin but i still have Manus performance at superb.

For the rest of you the Stand and Watch is indeed Pops order.  Don't go blaming the other Spurs or justifying some gametime "experiment" to let Tim attempt to work back into a grove while almost losing the game.  Fortunately the Nuggets went bricklaying during the Spurs Tim Brickout.  Especially the Nuggets foul shooting bricks.  That and Bob Horrys finding the hoop rescued the Spurs.

Pop was bailed out by Stevie Kerr in the ONLY Championship in the last 5 years for the Spurs.  They can lose again if he continues crucial chunks of game performing his veg-ball offense.

Or they can win with ball movement.

X3 i agree you can tell Tony to keep it up.  But he went into an Eva Longoria funk and Pop did the right thing and took Parker out and inserted Beno-Manu combo in the 1st half.  They rocked! :up:   Denver was trying to steal the momentum with the little Munchkin creating some havoc.  Beno-Manu then began working the Munchkin big time.  Manu was the quarterback and he hit a cutting Beno several times in a row.  Munch was overwhelmed.  Momentum completely back to the Spurs and Manu played like the best shooting guard in the playoffs.  That 1st half rocked.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:15:17 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 11:47:20 AM »
Pounding the ball into Tim isnt the same as telling your team to not cut.  The offense is geared around the big man, as it should, but it doesnt mean hes the only person who should be doing anything in the offense.  That offense is ran thru him but he is not the only part.  He commands so much attention that he will get other people easier baskets/looks.

No coach, especially not one with 2 rings, would tell his team to not make cuts to the rim when their big man is operating in the post.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 01:07:25 PM »
Pop was bailed out by Stevie Kerr in the ONLY Championship in the last 5 years for the Spurs.
That's a bit disrespectful to the Spurs and their fans, I can't believe you're falling for the asterisk talk by Phil Jackson.  I think both Spurs championships should count!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 01:07:43 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Halftime Spurs Nuggets
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »
Pop was bailed out by Stevie Kerr in the ONLY Championship in the last 5 years for the Spurs.
That's a bit disrespectful to the Spurs and their fans, I can't believe you're falling for the asterisk talk by Phil Jackson.  I think both Spurs championships should count!  :rofl:
2000 and on is what I'm counting.  Pop rolled out the balls to get the '99 title.  Now go stuff another taco.

As for that Zen puss trying to discredit the '99 Spurs title...won't dignify him with a response.