Author Topic: OT, Hey JN, Did you hear about Looking Cloud?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
OT, Hey JN, Did you hear about Looking Cloud?
« on: February 27, 2004, 06:28:48 PM »
He was convicted on February 4th for the murder of Anna Mae Aquash and they have John Boy Patton in custody for the actual hit. I hope this offers some closure to Anna's daughters and family, there never really has been any doubt they executed her, the question has always been who ordered it, and so it's only partial closure at best.

I've always had mixed feelings about it, Vernon Bellecourt and Dennis Banks have always been high on my suspicion list but the FBI aren't off the hook either. The fact that she spent the last days of her life with AIM leadership (specifically Clyde Bellecourt, Russell Means and his brother and a couple others) being interogated, and the fact that not one AIM official attended her Lakota funeral even though they ALL were at Pine Ridge at the time certainly points their way more than the FBI, unless the FBI promised the real informant (I've never believed she was a rat) imunity to give up her name to let AIM do the dirty work, and get her out of the way. I think that the real informant might have been Bellecourt himself, the Trail of Broken Treaties sellout profited no one but him.

I think Peltier knows more than he will say, but you can almost understand his silence. I just think it is a travesty that these 2 cats will do the time for everybody's crime, even if they are guilty, they certainly weren't the power behind it all. Russell Means is sure showing his true colors, what a traitorous puke he is!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 06:33:51 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

jn

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 10:45:45 AM »
Dan,

I had not seen this info.  I was on vacation at the time and trying real hard to avoid the news.  

After seeing your post I looked for a little more info.  I recall an earlier post of yours stating that Looking Cloud was mostly a wannabe.  Seems like a lot of others commenting on the situation feel the same.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 11:03:03 AM »
That's exactly right, he was a foot soldier for AIM and an alcoholic that someone like Means and Bellecourt could manipulate to do just about anything. Not excusing murder, I just think everyone who had a hand in Anna Mae's murder should be rotting in prison, not just these 2 dumb patsy's.
Dan