Author Topic: Sheffield swinging at customer  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sheffield swinging at customer
« on: April 15, 2005, 11:49:35 AM »
Takes a swipe at the guy who allegedly gave him a swat on the lip.

The way I view it Sheffield went "into" the stands, albiet retalitory.  Altho not with feet he reached over the wall on his attempted swipe.  Almost hit the woman sitting next to the guy.  What is this, Karl Malone?

If the fan is caught on tape swatting Sheffield, he out to be prosecuted.

Selig won't do anything to Sheffield.  
Suspend Sheffield?
Got a take?

jn

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:07 PM »
I can't believe I'm doing this but.....

This is all on the fan, not Sheffield.  He took a swing at Sheffield WHILE THE GAME WAS IN PROGRESS!  Some have already said that Sheffield took a roundhouse swing the guy and should be suspended.  The replay does not look that way to me at all. Sheffield appears to push out with his forearms and to nothing more than knock the guys arms away.  

Also, there is nothing alleged about the fan taking a swipe at him.  The guy clearly takes a swing (albeit a rather weak one) at Sheffield's face.  

Yes Sheffield proably shouldn't have even done that but man, in the heat of the moment....

P.S. Given Sheffields reputation it's actually surprising he was even that restrained.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »
The radio said there is now a video angle available and being shown starting today (Friday) that shows conclusively exactly what fan did.  Maybe Sheffield also.

Shef certainly did take some kind of swipe at the guy.  In his followthru he darn near Karl Malones the lady sitting in the next seat.

So yes, these new camera angles should show for a fact what came down.  

Q is even if fan did connect, does that allow Sheffield to swing back?
Now admittedly that would take some serious restraint....
But at 15 million a year these athlete punks can shut their pieholes.  

Again, i want to see the conclusive replays.
But if you up my salary to 15 mil a year, 25+ or for that matter 100+ star with endorsements, you can pour all the beer you want on me and take a swat at my face after the game.  Cause me injury?  That would be another story.  But a sissy swipe to my face or a beer pour?  Bring it on.  The swipe i would be much more readily apt to veto as the swipee could accidently do some eye damage.

If fan swatted at Sheffield, I support ban from stadium.
But also if Sheffield swatted at fan, ban him for the year.  Sick of seeing these pampered millionaire pusses be unaccountable.  

Zig has been off for a while but I'm sure you and he agree the steroids issue is a joke.  I knew they would make some sacrificial lamb out of a couple unheard of players and gloat about how the program is working (Selig, Joe Torre, etc).  Meanwhile Steroids Sosa, Bonds  :rofl:  out for injury and also making his 8 year old accompany him to media interviews) Giambi (applauded by NYY fans and pedastooled by a lot of media for being so "honest"  with his *apology* :puke: .
now batting .172 without the 'roids.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:43:32 PM by Reality »