Author Topic: Nazr Mohammed has been impressive . . .  (Read 1873 times)

Guest_Randy

Nazr Mohammed has been impressive . . .
« on: April 13, 2005, 09:14:42 AM »
in his starting role (last two games) since Rasho went down.

Golden State   34 min.   41%fg   55%ft   15 reb   3 blks   19 pts
Portland          31 min.   35%fg   14 reb.  3 blks  10 pts

His fg% isn't impressive and his ft% is deplorable (of course, it seems that the Spurs don't like centers who can shoot a ft) but the guy is a MUCH better rebounder than Rasho and he can actually block a shot.  

Nazr isn't going to be a star in the league but I think he can be active on the boards and clean up around the basket -- not to mention help protect the middle.

In 25 mpg this year, Rasho has:
     5.9 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 46% fg%, 1.7 bl pg and 46% ft%

I think Nazr also is more active and moves better without the ball -- something I don't think Rasho does well at all.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 09:49:52 AM »
*shines the Reality sign into the cloud ala batman*
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:05:28 AM »

Golden State   34 min.   41%fg   55%ft   15 reb   3 blks   19 pts
Portland          31 min.   35%fg   14 reb.  3 blks  10 pts

His fg% isn't impressive and his ft% is deplorable (of course, it seems that the Spurs don't like centers who can shoot a ft) but the guy is a MUCH better rebounder than Rasho and he can actually block a shot.  

Nazr isn't going to be a star in the league but I think he can be active on the boards and clean up around the basket -- not to mention help protect the middle.

I think Nazr also is more active and moves better without the ball -- something I don't think Rasho does well at all.
Those rebounding numbers are unreal or made up.  ;)

Pop does seem to have an eye for untapped talent.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:06:54 AM »
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If that doesn't work try the red "Bat phone".!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

it's me SPURSX3

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
LMFAO!!! POST OF THE YEAR!

I can see him now standing ontop of a building, wearing his batman underoos on the outside, fleece batman blanket as a cape, duct tape for his utility belt..... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 11:25:25 AM »
LMFAO!!! POST OF THE YEAR!

I can see him now standing ontop of a building, wearing his batman underoos on the outside, fleece batman blanket as a cape, duct tape for his utility belt..... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
You know -- I'm SOOOO happy that I can't see that particular picture -- just the description is more than I can bear!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 11:26:56 AM »

Golden State   34 min.   41%fg   55%ft   15 reb   3 blks   19 pts
Portland          31 min.   35%fg   14 reb.  3 blks  10 pts

Those rebounding numbers are unreal or made up.  ;)

Pop does seem to have an eye for untapped talent.
Nazr seems to be relaxing a bit in our system...thank goodness, with no duncan - and at time no duncan, manu, or rasho (three of our starters) we should have lost a lot more than we have since tim went out.  tonight will be tough, but i was rerally impressed by our two back to back wins.  tony scoring 35 one night, manu scoring 30 last night...thats sweet.  If Nazr can keep getting the boards the way he has and Glenn Robinson can get more comfortable as well in the last few games - we got a great chance in the first round.  I am not sure if Pop is oging to play Tim tonight, doesnt seem likely, but I am hioping we can keep pace with the suns.  Tonight though against the Jazz is going to be rough though, I dont know if we can take them on tonight on thier home court as hard as our team has been playing - they gotta be tired right now.  I will take a 1 point win tonight if we can pull it off.  keeping my fingers crossed...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 11:47:10 AM »
don't wanna rain on the pic nic but....

"Nazr Mohammed has been impressive.."

:rofl: made my day also.

Don't forget the Homer S. batman episode.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 12:24:50 PM »

Yeah, I know, Reality -- you are much more impressed with Malik Rose's last two games:

Indy - 43 min, 50% fg%,  100% ft%,  0 blks,  7 reb,  12 pts
Tor  - 21 min,  66% fg%,  50% ft%,  0 blks,  2 reb,  9 pts.

Malik is shooting the ball better from the floor but 7 rebounds in 43 minutes, and 2 rebounds in 21 minutes?  Pretty impressive, huh, Reality?

So, let's get this right, 29 rebounds, 29 points and 6 blocked shots in two games isn't impressive, right?  But you are impressed when Rose garners far less rebounds, points and blocked shots?  Well, after all, your version of reality has always been a little  :huh: !!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 12:28:58 PM »

Didnt they get Nazr just for this reason Reality?  In case the big men got hurt or needed rest?  He's getting more minutes right now than he normally gets and is shinning.  What more do you want?  Maybe you want him to single handly get the Spurs to the finals like Malik Rose?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 01:38:35 PM »

Didnt they get Nazr just for this reason Reality?  In case the big men got hurt or needed rest?  He's getting more minutes right now than he normally gets and is shinning.  What more do you want?  Maybe you want him to single handly get the Spurs to the finals like Malik Rose?
....think he crawled back into the "batcave"....... :rolleyes:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 03:12:13 PM »

nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman, Batman, Batman, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah ...nah  BATMAN!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 03:31:42 PM »

nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah Batman, Batman, Batman, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah ...nah  BATMAN!
whats so sad is that Adam West was cooler than Reality is.....

Reality reminds me of BBall Pro from the old MSNBC boards.....just not as trailer parkish...

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 09:19:36 AM »
The context of Randolphs post is how impressed he is with Nazrs two game reboundfest, -compared unfavorably to Rasho.

Yet it was just a short while ago a Spurs Brownozer and his bois were babbling on about how great Rasho was when Tim Dunker went down last year.

Indeed I appreciated Rashos, Rose, Nazr, and Sean Marks efforts to step up when Tim Dunker is/was out.  Every win helps as Denver tear continues and i would like to see the Spurs secure 2nd while Den moves up to 5th or 6th, thus avoiding a 1st round matchup.  I suppose Marks 10 boards in 17 minutes last week don't register at the bi Lakers-Spurs Happy Hours.  But that's okay.

Nazrs two game *outburst* did not send me into a tizzy, altho if he would have blocked out Okur on last nights game winning rebound/shot i might have.

GNobs 40 pt 9 board 8 assist double OT game did impress me.  I'm sure Randy you were more impressed with Kobe the same night.  :rofl:

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 09:22:32 AM »
Nazr was playing very well in NY too.  No surprise he's playing well now.