Author Topic: Robinson playing pretty well  (Read 3750 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Robinson playing pretty well
« on: April 06, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »
teamwork I guess...we'll se if he ups it as the game goes on...

by the way, anyone notice how Sean Marks looks like Napolean Dynamite???  

everytime he gest the ball i keep expecting to hear him say "Sweeeet", then brick it and say, "Idiot!"

I should take a "Vote for Pedro" sign to a game!  lol

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 09:28:35 PM »
I should take a "Vote for Pedro" sign to a game!  lol
Funny coicidence, I saw a "Vote for Pedro" shirt today.  It was BEUTIFULLY stretched to it's maximum capacity.

I happen to know Pedro, he was a drama teacher for one of my kids.  They seemed like he was high on coke or speed all the time, it was weird seeing him so subdued in the movie.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:35:08 PM »
I should take a "Vote for Pedro" sign to a game!  lol
Funny coicidence, I saw a "Vote for Pedro" shirt today.  It was BEUTIFULLY stretched to it's maximum capacity.

I happen to know Pedro, he was a drama teacher for one of my kids.  They seemed like he was high on coke or speed all the time, it was weird seeing him so subdued in the movie.
drama teacher?  I saw him on one of the late night shows, not sure who it was, he looked like a kid!  kind of goofy too, tried to crack jookes that nobody bit on.

"come get some ham!"
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:20:45 AM »
robinsons numbers were not bad at all I think considering this guy has not played for such a long time.

13minutes, 3-4 shots made, 7 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block - 4 FOULS - lol.

what really stood out watching him play is that this guy looks like he has been on the floor all season - by that I mean he was not stiff, not nervous, not even huffing and puffing up and down the court.  his shot looked like it was all natural, a smooth flow.  IF this guy gets his game back, he could be a real steal for us this season.  If he can keep his stats going the way they are going with more minutes of course - minus the fouls of course - which I think is his real downfall for us.  He is going to be whistled quite a bit on or team since we will make him play D.  All in all the guy was a real surprise.

We'll see if he gets more playing time tonight against the mavs.  Pop may sit Manu out so he can rest up some.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 08:06:16 AM by SPURSX3 »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:08:02 AM »
Spurs win combined with Sonics loss creates some nice breathing room, -for now.

Seeding:  It may well come down to whether or not Phx needs to win to keep ahead of The Heat.  Last 3 reg season games Phx plays Sac-Denver-Sac.  Denver could climb as high as #5.  Sac could hold on to #5 or drop to 6 or 7 (vs Spurs).  If Phx is in "rest mode" or not will be huge.  Otherwise Sac has by far the most pattycake schedule.  Lakers twice, Portland.

Maybe a big contribution from Big Dog is letting Brent Barry hear some playing time footsteps.  Barry woke up to go 4-5 on treys.

Man you've got a tough choice of which sign to wear.  
"I voted for Nazr" or "Vote for Pedro".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 08:09:18 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:38:25 AM »
Spurs win combined with Sonics loss creates some nice breathing room, -for now.

Seeding:  It may well come down to whether or not Phx needs to win to keep ahead of The Heat.  Last 3 reg season games Phx plays Sac-Denver-Sac.  Denver could climb as high as #5.  Sac could hold on to #5 or drop to 6 or 7 (vs Spurs).  If Phx is in "rest mode" or not will be huge.  Otherwise Sac has by far the most pattycake schedule.  Lakers twice, Portland.

Maybe a big contribution from Big Dog is letting Brent Barry hear some playing time footsteps.  Barry woke up to go 4-5 on treys.

Man you've got a tough choice of which sign to wear.  
"I voted for Nazr" or "Vote for Pedro".
and you did a great job as napolean by the way.

Dont know if you are expecting the golden light to come down on you as if some sort of revelation will occur that everyone on this board will be like, "Reality, you were soo right and we were soo wrong about the Malik trade, yadda yadda yadda..."  Not gonna happen.  The trade still makes sense, cap space works, Nazr may or may not come around, no biggie, we will still be able to go for the title - Malik with us would not make us a lock at the title, so I am not sure why you keep this up.  If the Big Dog CAN perform well for us and get some really good shooting runs for us - the cap space may help us sign him on a bit longer for next season along with Luis Scola.  Which IS the real priority this summer for us, and yes, next year when you are praising Scola for his great play, I am sure there are more than enough people on this board ready to throw out the, "Stop cheering Reality, you wanted Malik, remember?"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:49:36 AM »
Expecting you or similiars to be accountable?  :rofl:
Yeah I'm really waiting around for that to ever happen.

Randolph and you posted his last game how proud you were of his 3-4 shooting, give him more minutes yada yada.
Now you backpedal.  Well exercise away.

See the twist you put of "I wanted Malik" is dead false.
My objections were what was given up in addition to Malik in the salary dump.
Two #1s for your prophet Mohammed.
I think Maliks salary could have been dumped without giving up any draft pics.
And unless Mohammed is injured he is very unimpressive.

That you are snuggling with Randy, EminemKoast and the other Laker posters over the trade is fine, go for it.

That Big Dog Robinson did well last night and may pan out, great.  Seperate transaction.  In fact what did they give up to get Dog?  Nothing but his current small salary.
Apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 09:11:17 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 09:13:12 AM »
Expecting you or similiars to be accountable?  :rofl:

Randolph and you posted his last game how proud you were of his 3-4 shooting, give him more minutes yada yada.
Now you backpedal.  Well exercise away.

My objections were what was given up to get Malik.
Two #1s and your prophet Mohammed.

That you are snuggling with Randy, EminemKoast and the other Laker posters over the trade is fine, go for it.

That Big Dog Robinson did well last night and may pan out, great.  Seperate trade.
Apples and oranges.
please tell me where I back pedalled. I had no great expectations of Robinson since he has not played all season, and got cut by of all teams - the Hornets.  I would not expect him to come in and do as well as he did last night.  his game - although short on minutes, was impressive - considering he has not played all season.  I like what I saw in robinson last night.  WTF is wrong with that you *ss munch?

Please stop making up names for everyone, the inly person that seems to get those names is YOU, it makes reading your posts MUCh easier if you could just use our post names.  As for the Malik trade - YOU Reality, are the ONLY one that keeps the thing going.  I dont care if you liked Malik more so that you felt the trade was dumb.  And as for giving up two first round draft picks - let me ask you something that I am sure everyone else here has figured out.  When you have the salary going as high as the Spurs have coming here with all the locked contracts and the expectations of keeping THIS core unit together, HOW do you justify keeping two future first round draft picks of unproven young players with locked contracts!?  Because they are first rounders does not mean they will be IMPACT players, the spurs usually have the last few picks in the first round because they usually finish the season with a good record.  The chances of us landing another Tony type of player that deep in the playoffs is very slim because - A.)  The Spurs scout WORLDWIDE and keep tabs on future prospects as well as when they will be eligible for the NBA draft.  B.) The market for actuall draftess that could help us has gotten slimmer since more NBA teams are looking internationally AS WELL.  If there was a player that the Spurs would have wanted they would not have traded the picks.  Obviously there is not anyone out there worth locking up our cap sopace on to warrant KEEPING those picks.  does THAT make sense to you Reality, after all - what i just explained IS the true "reality" of the situation.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 09:42:39 AM »
Expecting you or similiars to be accountable?  :rofl:

Now you backpedal.  Well exercise away.

That Big Dog Robinson did well last night and may pan out, great.  Seperate trade.
Apples and oranges.
please tell me where I back pedalled.

And as for giving up two first round draft picks - let me ask you something that I am sure everyone else here has figured out.  When you have the salary going as high as the Spurs have coming here with all the locked contracts and the expectations of keeping THIS core unit together, HOW do you justify keeping two future first round draft picks of unproven young players with locked contracts!?  Because they are first rounders does not mean they will be IMPACT players, the spurs usually have the last few picks in the first round because they usually finish the season with a good record.  The chances of us landing another Tony type of player that deep in the playoffs is very slim because - A.)  The Spurs scout WORLDWIDE and keep tabs on future prospects as well as when they will be eligible for the NBA draft.  B.) The market for actuall draftess that could help us has gotten slimmer since more NBA teams are looking internationally AS WELL.  If there was a player that the Spurs would have wanted they would not have traded the picks.  Obviously there is not anyone out there worth locking up our cap sopace on to warrant KEEPING those picks.  does THAT make sense to you Reality, after all - what i just explained IS the true "reality" of the situation.
In response to Randolphs post of:  I'm struggling a bit with the lack of minutes for Nazr Mohammed -- he seemed to have a good game last night -- 13 minutes, 10 points (4-7 shooting), 3 rebounds and 1 block.

SpursX3 writes:
>yeah nazr should have played more minutes, like his play of late, atleast his determination that is. much better for us than rasho's. we'll see if rasho gets benched by pop soon.

Look familiar?  It's from April 3rd.

As to late 1st round draft pics:
Leandro Barbosa 2003, 1st round, 28th pick by Spurs.

How do you think he is looking for the Suns?  Know what his salary is?
Yeah much better (to you) to sign a string of backup pointguards like SAS has?
Sorry but late 1st round picks can do fine.  So can 2nd rounders GNOB.

You certainly do not KNOW that the 2005 and 2006 draft has NO players that could help the Spurs, -perhaps even greatly for a low salary.  Point is whatever might have become of the Spursies #1 picks, did they have to give them up for Nazr?

Beyond that if the longhair forward Scola works out, fantastic.
Trade is done.  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 09:54:35 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 10:03:57 AM »
Expecting you or similiars to be accountable?  :rofl:

Now you backpedal.  Well exercise away.

That Big Dog Robinson did well last night and may pan out, great.  Seperate trade.
Apples and oranges.
please tell me where I back pedalled.

And as for giving up two first round draft picks - let me ask you something that I am sure everyone else here has figured out.  When you have the salary going as high as the Spurs have coming here with all the locked contracts and the expectations of keeping THIS core unit together, HOW do you justify keeping two future first round draft picks of unproven young players with locked contracts!?  Because they are first rounders does not mean they will be IMPACT players, the spurs usually have the last few picks in the first round because they usually finish the season with a good record.  The chances of us landing another Tony type of player that deep in the playoffs is very slim because - A.)  The Spurs scout WORLDWIDE and keep tabs on future prospects as well as when they will be eligible for the NBA draft.  B.) The market for actuall draftess that could help us has gotten slimmer since more NBA teams are looking internationally AS WELL.  If there was a player that the Spurs would have wanted they would not have traded the picks.  Obviously there is not anyone out there worth locking up our cap sopace on to warrant KEEPING those picks.  does THAT make sense to you Reality, after all - what i just explained IS the true "reality" of the situation.
In response to Randolphs post of:  I'm struggling a bit with the lack of minutes for Nazr Mohammed -- he seemed to have a good game last night -- 13 minutes, 10 points (4-7 shooting), 3 rebounds and 1 block.

SpursX3 writes:
>yeah nazr should have played more minutes, like his play of late, atleast his determination that is. much better for us than rasho's. we'll see if rasho gets benched by pop soon.

Look familiar?  It's from April 3rd.

As to late 1st round draft pics:
Leandro Barbosa 2003, 1st round, 28th pick by Spurs.

How do you think he is looking for the Suns?  Know what his salary is?
Yeah much better (to you) to sign a string of backup pointguards like SAS has?
Sorry but late 1st round picks can do fine.  So can 2nd rounders GNOB.

You certainly do not KNOW that the 2005 and 2006 draft has NO players that could help the Spurs, -perhaps even greatly for a low salary.  Point is whatever might have become of the Spursies #1 picks, did they have to give them up for Nazr?

Beyond that if the longhair forward Scola works out, fantastic.
Trade is done.
and do you know why the spurs gave up barbosa?  Cap space for Manu.  Gordon Giricek was also a draft pick traded to the Spurs by the Mavs for another first rounder Loen Smith - where is THIS guy now Reality?  Giricek has not been the player people thought he would turn out to be - not better than Manu, and Leon has been down and out since! The Spurs had a decision to make keep Manu ro go with Giricek - Manu was thier choice.   You would justify using cap space for the not just one, but TWO unknowns for to avoid getting players that you know could fill spots would be able to use?  You HAVE to be a horrible gambler Reality, taking the occassional chance on a bet is one thing, but throwing money away like that is just NOT the way you make money at the bookies.  It's a damn good thing you could never be a GM in the league, you would bury a team financially within a week.  I wold also like to point out that you ALSO dont know what players are out there to risk money on Reality - damn good thing the Spurs have real scouts to do that job right, I put more value in the fact that they ARE doing that job and realistically they would KNOW if the trade was worth the risk of a potential draft loss huh???  so your right, I dont know, but the Spurs do, and someone with half a brain has a step up on you to figure out that they would know whether it was a good choice to make or not - they made the choice.  

Since you can do such a good job and repost old posts, please go back even further, I do remember typing that Nazr could take Rasho's minutes as starter if it came down to it.  There is NO back pedal if the starters job was open for both to play for.  Nazr did do well and can still do well, that is not bnack pedalling because I said Pop may bench Rasho - thats what was said right after the trade.  Pop will play players that work the hardest for thier spot.  If Rasho steps up for his starting role, so be it, IF Nazr plays harder he will start - hell is Sean Marks keeps playing hard, HE COULD START.  Is that back pedalling??
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:13:30 AM by SPURSX3 »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 10:17:29 AM »
yes it is.  Trading Barbosa was the ONLY way to clear space?  No.

And while I mentioned Barbosa as an example of an excellent 1st round draft pic, if he "had" to be traded to sign GNob, well thats understandable.  Point is 1st and 2nd round picks dont have to be $$$$ to succede.

If I was GM the Spurs would have won 3 in a row.  Stevie Kerr would have come back, lot of other changes.  RashaStiff would have never been signed.  Thats really what brought on this whole need for another big man.

Pop is 1-3 while having the most talent IMO, twice bowing to Fakerdom.  Good enough for you, not me.

If Marks continues to do 10Xs as well as Nazr, its all the more reason have kept the picks, worked Rose elsewhere.  Nazrs taking minutes from Rasho would only mean we have a $7 million a year stiff on the bench.  Rasha stepped up big time last year when Duncan was out.  He could do it again.  Lets see some coaching, Popavitch.

Anyhew the 2005 title is still very much alive for the Spurs.  Can we agree on that?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:32:49 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 11:00:12 AM »
yes it is.  Trading Barbosa was the ONLY way to clear space?  No.

And while I mentioned Barbosa as an example of an excellent 1st round draft pic, if he "had" to be traded to sign GNob, well thats understandable.  Point is 1st and 2nd round picks dont have to be $$$$ to succede.

If I was GM the Spurs would have won 3 in a row.  Stevie Kerr would have come back, lot of other changes.  RashaStiff would have never been signed.  Thats really what brought on this whole need for another big man.

Pop is 1-3 while having the most talent IMO, twice bowing to Fakerdom.  Good enough for you, not me.

If Marks continues to do 10Xs as well as Nazr, its all the more reason have kept the picks, worked Rose elsewhere.  Nazrs taking minutes from Rasho would only mean we have a $7 million a year stiff on the bench.  Rasha stepped up big time last year when Duncan was out.  He could do it again.  Lets see some coaching, Popavitch.

Anyhew the 2005 title is still very much alive for the Spurs.  Can we agree on that?
agreeing with you makes me feel dirty Reality....

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 11:14:17 AM »
yes it is.  Trading Barbosa was the ONLY way to clear space?  No.

And while I mentioned Barbosa as an example of an excellent 1st round draft pic, if he "had" to be traded to sign GNob, well thats understandable.  Point is 1st and 2nd round picks dont have to be $$$$ to succede.

If I was GM the Spurs would have won 3 in a row.  Stevie Kerr would have come back, lot of other changes.  RashaStiff would have never been signed.  Thats really what brought on this whole need for another big man.

Pop is 1-3 while having the most talent IMO, twice bowing to Fakerdom.  Good enough for you, not me.

If Marks continues to do 10Xs as well as Nazr, its all the more reason have kept the picks, worked Rose elsewhere.  Nazrs taking minutes from Rasho would only mean we have a $7 million a year stiff on the bench.  Rasha stepped up big time last year when Duncan was out.  He could do it again.  Lets see some coaching, Popavitch.

Anyhew the 2005 title is still very much alive for the Spurs.  Can we agree on that?
Well then hop back in with the Lakerzth.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »
yes it is.  Trading Barbosa was the ONLY way to clear space?  No.

And while I mentioned Barbosa as an example of an excellent 1st round draft pic, if he "had" to be traded to sign GNob, well thats understandable.  Point is 1st and 2nd round picks dont have to be $$$$ to succede.

If I was GM the Spurs would have won 3 in a row.  Stevie Kerr would have come back, lot of other changes.  RashaStiff would have never been signed.  Thats really what brought on this whole need for another big man.

Pop is 1-3 while having the most talent IMO, twice bowing to Fakerdom.  Good enough for you, not me.

If Marks continues to do 10Xs as well as Nazr, its all the more reason have kept the picks, worked Rose elsewhere.  Nazrs taking minutes from Rasho would only mean we have a $7 million a year stiff on the bench.  Rasha stepped up big time last year when Duncan was out.  He could do it again.  Lets see some coaching, Popavitch.

Anyhew the 2005 title is still very much alive for the Spurs.  Can we agree on that?
Well then hop back in with the Lakerzth.
please, lets not forget YOUR the bandwagoner.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »
B-r-e-a-k-a-w-a-y.