Author Topic: gmail  (Read 2227 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« on: April 01, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »
As if 1 gig was not enough to store your email in.  Google's Gmail has increased it's storage size to 2 GIGs now, and still growing!  very nice of them at google to do this!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 04:07:36 PM »
1 gig is plenty but hay I wont complain!  Ive been using it for storage of mp3s and things from work.  Since its 2 gigs now and I have over 100 invites...I guess I got a new hard drive :lol:
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 09:39:41 PM »
1 gig is plenty but hay I wont complain!  Ive been using it for storage of mp3s and things from work.  Since its 2 gigs now and I have over 100 invites...I guess I got a new hard drive :lol:
no joke, I love gmail, it is turning out to be quite a little deal here.  Google might be working on an actual web browser now, as well as an IM.  they got "Hello" for IM, but i think they will introduce something more google soon.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
1 gig is plenty but hay I wont complain!  Ive been using it for storage of mp3s and things from work.  Since its 2 gigs now and I have over 100 invites...I guess I got a new hard drive :lol:
no joke, I love gmail, it is turning out to be quite a little deal here.  Google might be working on an actual web browser now, as well as an IM.  they got "Hello" for IM, but i think they will introduce something more google soon.
Gmail is the best free email service by leaps and bounds.  The search is a life saver and not having to ever delete emails is nice.  If only I had a dollar for everytime ive deleted emails on accident over the years.

I love Google desktop search too!  I think its handy as hell and loads better than Microsoft's search.  Especially good when people say things in IMs then try to deny it down the line.  Google IM would be great if you could use to across all the networks.  Im hooked on AIM ever since I got my new sidekick.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 08:53:56 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 11:59:06 AM »
DAMN!!!  WEST, did you notice that the gig size of gmail is constantly moving up??  do you think this is real or some long april fools joke???  i got 2057 megs as of a few minutes ago!!!!  damn thats cool!!!

guest-koast

gmail
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »
DAMN!!!  WEST, did you notice that the gig size of gmail is constantly moving up??  do you think this is real or some long april fools joke???  i got 2057 megs as of a few minutes ago!!!!  damn thats cool!!!
You see the new page at gmail.google.com ??  They have a counter now for all the MBs being used LOL.  I checked this morning after seeing your thread and sure enough they thru in another 50 megs....like I needed more.  

I have invites for everyone on the board...drop your email and you too can have a 2 gig email addy.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 11:32:45 AM »
DAMN!!!  WEST, did you notice that the gig size of gmail is constantly moving up??  do you think this is real or some long april fools joke???  i got 2057 megs as of a few minutes ago!!!!  damn thats cool!!!
You see the new page at gmail.google.com ??  They have a counter now for all the MBs being used LOL.  I checked this morning after seeing your thread and sure enough they thru in another 50 megs....like I needed more.  

I have invites for everyone on the board...drop your email and you too can have a 2 gig email addy.
I'd like to check it out.  Thanks.

rivas1464@yahoo.com
rivas1464@earthlink.net
Check both emails WoW

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
gmail
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 12:15:59 PM »
DAMN!!!  WEST, did you notice that the gig size of gmail is constantly moving up??  do you think this is real or some long april fools joke???  i got 2057 megs as of a few minutes ago!!!!  damn thats cool!!!

I'd like to check it out.  Thanks.

rivas1464@yahoo.com
rivas1464@earthlink.net
Check both emails WoW
I can't check from work, I probably won't be able to check gmail from work either.  Would you be willing to post your email addy and I'll send you one from work, don't want to post my work email addy on an open board.

Thanks
djkoast@gmail.com