Author Topic: The Heat the team to BEAT???  (Read 1820 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
The Heat the team to BEAT???
« on: March 17, 2005, 10:17:15 PM »
Man I like seeing this team play.  They look solid and very legit.  I am worried about running into them in the finals, if we make it of course, they really got what it takes to win it all IMO.  It looks like Shaq WILL fufill his promise to bring a title to Miami, THIS year.  I am not afraid to say it, Miami does look like the real team to watch come playoff time... :hail:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 11:31:06 PM »
Solid.  Bench play was very impressive.   :hail: Keyon Dooling and Christian Laettner :huh:  :up:  
Two years ago who would have guessed Laettner would be adding solid minutes as a 7th man on the NBA best record team in title contention.  How bout that Chucky Atkinson for the Lakers?

Dwayne Wade.
Randolph are you still holding on to the belief that Kobe Bryant is a top 5 NBA player?

1/2 Tim Dunk
1/2 KG
3 Shraq New and Improved Slimmed Version
4 Lebron James
5 Dwayne Wade
6 Dirk N
7 Wilt Chamberlins bones.
8 Amare Stoudemire  
9 A.I.
10 tie Yao Ming if he could get Phil Jackson to coach him.
10 tie Kobe if he could get Phil Jackson to coach him again.

MJ wannabe needs to learn how to consistently involve his teamates.  His teamates were not the problem tonight.  He was.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 12:11:57 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 01:11:15 AM »
Is Wade  on a tear or what?  Another solid night, at least from the box score, for em.  Wade really is a talent and a half.  He just always does whatever he needs to get his team to win (didnt see the game so I assume he was part of the reason Kobe went dead in the second half also).  Any basketball team really has it made when you have someone who cant be stopped when they actually decide to try, workout, etc.   Im still going with the Spurs to take it all.  They have the expierence, are more deep, and Duncan can actually guard Shaq....unlike most of the big men in the game.  He of course cant stop him but will make him work.

Reality we all know your undying love for Kobme but do you ever throw expierence into the equation when you compare players on this board?  I know you dont bother with much outside of your fav 48 minute stat.  Just curious.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 01:24:32 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
Solid.  Bench play was very impressive.   :hail: Keyon Dooling and Christian Laettner :huh:  :up:  
Two years ago who would have guessed Laettner would be adding solid minutes as a 7th man on the NBA best record team in title contention.  How bout that Chucky Atkinson for the Lakers?

Dwayne Wade.
Randolph are you still holding on to the belief that Kobe Bryant is a top 5 NBA player?

1/2 Tim Dunk
1/2 KG
4 Lebron James
5 Dwayne Wade
6 Dirk N
8 Amare Stoudemire  
9 A.I.

MJ wannabe needs to learn how to consistently involve his teamates.  His teamates were not the problem tonight.  He was.
Wade is a great offensive player but we ALL know that with Shaq, other teams have a very hard time doubling on him.  The same is NOT true with Kobe -- Kobe is constantly doubled and tripled -- was it Wade who helped keep Kobe in check?  No, absolutely not.

Who do the Lakers put on the other teams best player?  Kobe.

Who does Maimi put on the other teams best player?  Wade?  Nope.

Wade is definately a great offensive player -- for you to think that Kobe isn't, it shows your obvious distaste for him!  However, Kobe HAS proven himself as one of the leagues top 5 players -- Wade is in the process of proving himself as a legit superstar in this league -- but Kobe is a better defensive player than Wade is.  

I think it's a LOT better for you to skip ANYTHING dealing with Kobe or the Lakers -- because it becomes SOOO obvious that you lack the ability to assess any Laker player objectively.  Want a perfect example of that?  You would have never admitted that Shaq was a top 5 player until he left the Lakers!!!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 11:04:33 AM »
Solid.  Bench play was very impressive.   :hail: Keyon Dooling and Christian Laettner :huh:  :up:  
Two years ago who would have guessed Laettner would be adding solid minutes as a 7th man on the NBA best record team in title contention.  How bout that Chucky Atkinson for the Lakers?

Dwayne Wade.

1/2 Tim Dunk
1/2 KG
4 Lebron James
5 Dwayne Wade
6 Dirk N
8 Amare Stoudemire  
9 A.I.

MJ wannabe needs to learn how to consistently involve his teamates.  His teamates were not the problem tonight.  He was.
Wade is a great offensive player but we ALL know that with Shaq, other teams have a very hard time doubling on him.  The same is NOT true with Kobe -- Kobe is constantly doubled and tripled -- was it Wade who helped keep Kobe in check?  No, absolutely not.

Who do the Lakers put on the other teams best player?  Kobe.

Who does Maimi put on the other teams best player?  Wade?  Nope.

Randolph,

How much of last nights game did you see?

Did you see Wade guarding Kobme at all?  See any blocks by Wade?  Steals?

So you don't think Kobe needs to do anymore to get his teamates involved.  Okay.  I guess when he is "doubled or tripled" he doesn't need to pass more.

Nor do you see any difference in Shaqs play from previous years to this one.  Okay.

Shraq was top 5 in the year the Lakers won the title.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 11:32:14 AM by Reality »

Guest_spursfan101

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »
Props to Shaq, I hope Shaq's departure has been a humbling experience for Kobe. (he's the franchise...yeah right.)  I'll be cheering Shaq on all the way to the Finals, I can only hope that worthless organization who let him go don't even make the playoffs. Bunch of idiots running that train wreck. :moon:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 01:26:20 PM »
Props to Shaq, I hope Shaq's departure has been a humbling experience for Kobe. (he's the franchise...yeah right.)  I'll be cheering Shaq on all the way to the Finals, I can only hope that worthless organization who let him go don't even make the playoffs. Bunch of idiots running that train wreck. :moon:
Where's the bitter smiley?  :D  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 01:26:39 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 01:36:52 PM »
Props to Shaq, I hope Shaq's departure has been a humbling experience for Kobe. (he's the franchise...yeah right.)  I'll be cheering Shaq on all the way to the Finals, I can only hope that worthless organization who let him go don't even make the playoffs. Bunch of idiots running that train wreck. :moon:
Where's the bitter smiley?  :D
you missed it....he had it in the post for .4 seconds before he used the edit function.... :D  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

rickortreat

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
Yes, at least in the East.  Still not sure who will come out of the west.

Oh yeah- that list of the 'best' players.  How does A.I.  The league leader in Points & Steals and 5th in assists rate only a 9?

At this point Wade is not better than A.I.  

LeBron is real close, but better!?

KG doesn't belong in the top 5 with the T-wolves playing like they are.

Stoudemire better than A.I.?

Your list is whacked.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 05:06:05 PM »
Yes, at least in the East.  Still not sure who will come out of the west.

Oh yeah- that list of the 'best' players.  How does A.I.  The league leader in Points & Steals and 5th in assists rate only a 9?

At this point Wade is not better than A.I.  

LeBron is real close, but better!?

KG doesn't belong in the top 5 with the T-wolves playing like they are.

Stoudemire better than A.I.?

Your list is whacked.
AI must have a low 48 minute stat somewhere Rick  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 06:05:40 PM »
I don't know if Wade or LeBron are better now (well, I think LeBron definitely is), but I'd trade AI for either of them (and KG or Stoudemire as well) yesterday.

KG can't be top 5 with the wolves record?  Have you peeped our record?

rickortreat

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 11:42:01 AM »
That isn't the issue, whether you'd trade him.  The issue is are they playing better now.  Lebron is close, although last night Andre Igoudala really shut him down.

As of this moment AI is playing the best ball of his career, even if the rest of the team isn't.  At least that's what his stats say, and he has been league MVP with lesser stats than these.

Individaul stats don't translate into wins.  Teamwork does.  Is Lebron a better teamate than AI?  Well, he doesn't hog the ball as much, and passes it as well so I'd say yes.  But Wade isn't nearly as prodcutive, and he has Shaq.  Until a few games ago, AI has no-one else and a bad coach.  Now he has Webber, but he still has a bad coach.  Even a great player can't overcome that, especailly one like AI who would rather shoot than get his teamates off.