Author Topic: does Kobe really like Pop...  (Read 871 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
does Kobe really like Pop...
« on: February 21, 2005, 11:21:41 PM »
Popovich Wins Kobe Bryant Over
Monday, February 21, 2005 - SpursReport Staff and Wire Reports

The relationship between former teammates Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal may have continued its icy course at this weekend's All-Star festivities, but Bryant had nothing but good things to say about his coach, San Antonio's Gregg Popovich.

Answering questions after the All-Star Game, Bryant said he was so inspired by Popovich, that he threw out his goal of playing only ten minutes and ended up playing more minutes than anybody.

"You know what," said Bryant. "Popovich just reeled me in. It was such a tremendous honor for me to play for Popovich and he's such a great coach.

"I always, you know, view Popovich as being one of the best coaches ever, and to play for him, I realize how great he is. I just enjoyed playing for the man."

Meanwhile, Bryant and O'Neal didn't speak to each other all weekend and avoided eye contact or shaking hands at the opening tip of Sunday's game.

By the time the weekend was over, Bryant was tired of talking about their strained relationship.

``I'm really not going to make this weekend about myself and Shaquille. That's just not fair, that's not basketball,'' Bryant said. ``It's a great weekend with a lot of great basketball being played. Obviously, I respect Shaquille tremendously for what he can do on the basketball floor and vice versa. Even when we played together we weren't the best of buddies, but we won three titles so I think everybody has to kind of leave that in the past and move on from it.''

O'Neal was apparently tired of the conversation as well. When asked why he didn't talk to Bryant all weekend, the big fella just broke into laughter.

Bryant will miss the Lakers' practice Monday to fly to Philadelphia after the death of his paternal grandfather, Joe Bryant. The Lakers' next game is at home Tuesday night against Boston.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
does Kobe really like Pop...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 10:13:40 AM »
I think even Randy has to admit that Pop gets the job done  :D  Thats pretty much what Kobe is saying.  He feels like Pop is one of the best coaches.   Spurs workin on their 3 ring and counting.  Isnt it safe to say hes a very good coach?  Pop may make bad decisions and his style sometimes is boring but he gets it done at the end of the night.  Been doing that since David Robinson was the biggest name in the league.

You guys read into stuff too much.  You can like other people at the same position and not "diss" someone else.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:15:30 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com