Author Topic: Damon goes off for 54  (Read 940 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Damon goes off for 54
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:40:34 AM »
I will forgive you this one time.

Damon goes off for 54, NVE gets 23 with 11 assists, and between the two they are 15-28 on 3's, and neither has a turnover.  And yet we lose to New Orleans.  

I guess it would help if we had a front line.  Zach, Shareef and Darius all out, which left us with a front line of Ruben Patterson, James Thomas, and the Vanilla Gorilla.  
Theo gives us 17 blistering minutes of
0-1 from the field
0-2 from the FT line
3 rebounds
1 turnover
2 personel fouls
He is as useless as tits on a boar.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

Damon goes off for 54
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 01:32:10 PM »
Sorry, Ziggy, but Cheeks has ZERO idea of how to use Theo in his defensive (or offensive) schemes.  Ratliff is a GREAT team zone defender and the Blazers do WAY too much standing around in isolation on both ends of the court.

Cheeks, IMO, is a lot like a couple of other coaches in the league -- they know how to coach ONE way -- the great ones manage to find a way to utilize their personell to the best of their abilities.

Damon goes off for 54
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:27:13 PM »
I will forgive you this one time.

Damon goes off for 54, NVE gets 23 with 11 assists, and between the two they are 15-28 on 3's, and neither has a turnover.  And yet we lose to New Orleans.  

I guess it would help if we had a front line.  Zach, Shareef and Darius all out, which left us with a front line of Ruben Patterson, James Thomas, and the Vanilla Gorilla.  
Theo gives us 17 blistering minutes of
0-1 from the field
0-2 from the FT line
3 rebounds
1 turnover
2 personel fouls
He is as useless as tits on a boar.
Ok I read the first part and was like 'HOW THE HELL?!?!'

But ya...it would help if your 3 other good players were suited up.  Must have been a hell of a game to watch.  Nice PG clinic for the fans who got to catch the game.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Damon goes off for 54
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 04:58:16 PM »
Sorry, Ziggy, but Cheeks has ZERO idea of how to use Theo in his defensive (or offensive) schemes.  Ratliff is a GREAT team zone defender and the Blazers do WAY too much standing around in isolation on both ends of the court.

Cheeks, IMO, is a lot like a couple of other coaches in the league -- they know how to coach ONE way -- the great ones manage to find a way to utilize their personell to the best of their abilities.
Randy,
I won't argue with you about how Cheeks coaches Theo.  For the sake of argument I will give you the point that he is coaching him all wrong.  So fricking what, Theo has still produced nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch.  Mo coached him last year, and the team is the same except we don't have Dale Davis, and we do have NVE.  Last year Theo was a shot blocking machine, this year he is the invisible man.  Place the blame where it belongs, on Theo.  He is getting paid big bucks, and he isn't performing.
Last night they needed a rebounder, BAD, and Theo was not facing an outstanding frontline, and he still was invisible.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil