Author Topic: I'm hearing the right words by Stern . . .  (Read 637 times)

Guest_Randy

I'm hearing the right words by Stern . . .
« on: November 22, 2004, 01:31:18 PM »
just struggling to see any action.  The NBA was QUICK to make judgement on the players -- which I agree with -- but they should also be quick to press charges against fans and ban them from the NBA.

Here are his comments:
The NBA also has to "redefine the bounds of acceptable conduct for fans attending our games and resolve to permanently exclude those who overstep those bounds," Stern said.

Why aren't we hearing their plans for how they are going to accomplish this -- how long are they going to wait.  IF the NBA (i.e. Stern) sits on his butt on this one, I hope the players WIN their arbitration.  Otherwise, it just seems like Stern is giving lip service but protecting the fans who could potential hurt a player.  We've seen it already in baseball and baseball is more difficult to access players than basketball.  In the past, the ONLY thing separating fans from players in the NBA has been an imaginary line of restraint by players and fans.  It looks as if the line has been erased and while Stern has redrawn the line of crossing for players with this suspension, he HAS to redraw it for the fans as well.  There HAS to be a reckoning for fans who are also out-of-control.  Otherwise, it's wrong and players are NOT going to be safe longterm.