Author Topic: Movie "Final Cut"  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movie "Final Cut"
« on: October 18, 2004, 11:53:13 AM »
It's a sci-fi drama combo with Robbin Williams.

Minority Reports meets ____.
People can elect to have their unborns fitted with an implant that attatches to the eye/brain.  Result is that everything they see and hear is recorded.  About 1 in 20 people have this implant.  It's somewhat an elitest "product", but by no means limited to only rich snobs.  Upon ones death, the chip implant (of their entire life) is gone over by a person called a "cutter".   The "cutter" edits the tape to make a "Rememorial", a funeral of sorts in which playing back parts of the persons life is shown..  Robbin Williams is near if not the top "cutter".

Ethics and morals problems abound when a cutter sees criminal activity by Mr Politician/Dr/Lawyer/NBA Commisioner/Team Owner/Head Referee who wants the usual that Robbin delivers, that is a squeaky clean warm n fuzzy goodie goodie two shoes Rememorial.  A group of tree hugger types who oppose the company and govt agency that push the chip form an organized protest group.  They seem "out there" at first but as time unfolds they are very much to be listened to in what they oppose.

1st 2/3rds is superb, very involving.  Great plot development with not only the main theme needing a climax but ditto on several side plots.  To me they stink up every one.  I can't stand the way several of the side plots are either not answered, answered sucky, or the way it ends.

Don't wanna give out any more info cause i think this might be some of your cup of teas.  The first 2/3rds anyway.