Author Topic: Thoughts on Laker's new squad  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thoughts on Laker's new squad
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2004, 07:13:06 PM »
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to pull a Randy here.

Please show me where I said I thought Kobe was too dumb to offer this response! I said your assumption was dumb. The reply couldn't have been scripted because the question was asked on the court. That is a dumb assumption.

Personally, I think Kobe is definitely savvy enough to come up with that quote on his own. Especially after this past year.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:16:52 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Thoughts on Laker's new squad
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 09:46:23 AM »
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to pull a Randy here.

Please show me where I said I thought Kobe was too dumb to offer this response! I said your assumption was dumb. The reply couldn't have been scripted because the question was asked on the court. That is a dumb assumption.

Personally, I think Kobe is definitely savvy enough to come up with that quote on his own. Especially after this past year.
You seemed dead set on the fact, in previous posts, that he was pulled aside by management to speak nicely about a person who has no ties to this team what-so-ever.  Almost like its not possible for Kobe to come up with this on his own.  The ' too stupid' comment was sarcasm.   I really don't see why the Lakers would care what Kobe said about Phil Jackson at this point.  He has no ties to this team.  He isn't in the league anymore and I don't see how it could ruin any image of Kobe or the team (which warrants a PR guy to step in).  He just got back from fighting for his freedom because of a rape charge.  On top of that he got his little shot in by saying 'Hes just trying to sell books'.

I'm not saying that there is no way in hell that some Laker PR guy came over and told Kobe 'Hay be mature in the response you give about comments PJ made'.  I just don't see the point in making sure he sugar coats his response.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 09:49:42 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com