Author Topic: Problems brewing in Nugs Land  (Read 1457 times)

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
Problems brewing in Nugs Land
« on: October 03, 2004, 11:25:44 AM »
First off, yeah I know this is from the NY Post....and even worse Peter Vescey BUT it has been confirmed by Nugs fans citing local radio in Denver.

An extra on the scene informs me Nene and Kenyon Martin, on opposite sides, had been battling for turf and respect for some time - neither is a center, thus the starting four spot is up for grabs. Meaning, they weren't about to keep their hands to themselves. The usual infuriating pushin' and shovin' ensued each time either one tried to establish inside position. Suddenly Martin reverted to brutal form of a few years ago. He spun around on Nene, recounted the eyewitness, and punched the 6-11, 260-pound Brazilian, hitting him square above one eye, opening up a gash that necessitated stitches. Teammates prevented further bloodshed. Temporarily. Nene is far too bad to the bone to let Martin get away with a sucker punch. *

Story Link......scroll to the middle, its somewhere in there
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:44:29 AM by NYCdog »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »
I kinda saw this comming.  I figured Kenyon Martin would go off on someone.  Sucks for the Nuggets, they could have a nice combination down low if they got along.  10 bucks on NeNe dropping Martin before the end of the pre-season!

Props to Vescey for being right for the first time in a couple years.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 12:32:43 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 10:11:55 AM »
Wait so he did a post spin move then instead of dunking he hit him?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 12:10:13 PM »
First off, yeah I know this is from the NY Post....and even worse Peter Vescey BUT it has been confirmed by Nugs fans citing local radio in Denver.

An extra on the scene informs me Nene and Kenyon Martin, on opposite sides, had been battling for turf and respect for some time - neither is a center, thus the starting four spot is up for grabs. Meaning, they weren't about to keep their hands to themselves. The usual infuriating pushin' and shovin' ensued each time either one tried to establish inside position. Suddenly Martin reverted to brutal form of a few years ago. He spun around on Nene, recounted the eyewitness, and punched the 6-11, 260-pound Brazilian, hitting him square above one eye, opening up a gash that necessitated stitches. Teammates prevented further bloodshed. Temporarily. Nene is far too bad to the bone to let Martin get away with a sucker punch. *

Kenyon Martin is an overrated scum bag thug.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 02:09:37 PM »

Kenyon Martin is an overrated scum bag thug.
So he really should be playing for the Blazers, right?  

:bash: