Author Topic: Survior football (ziggy looks like hes busy today)  (Read 2826 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Survior football (ziggy looks like hes busy today)
« on: September 17, 2004, 05:35:11 PM »
Im taking the Raiders this week, I expect them to bounce back from last week.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 12:58:36 PM »
So westcoast, how come you didn't take em?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 01:49:23 PM »
So westcoast, how come you didn't take em?
I made the pick the other day right before my Internet was about to go out...I assumed if the pick didn't go thru I would have been notified by email.  I never got an email so I just assumed the pick went in, until I saw this thread.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 04:57:24 PM »
Well it is 3:00 pm in the west and right now we have 2 teams left, my son who picked NE over Arizona, and Bod who has Cincy over Miami tonight.  Two teams didn't pick games, and the other 3 all lost.  If we are not careful we may a 7 way tie for first, how patheric is that.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jn

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 07:53:32 PM »
Yes I now see that my pick did not go through.  Well... it was the Pack anyway.   :nonono:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »
Yes I now see that my pick did not go through.  Well... it was the Pack anyway.   :nonono:
I would have advanced =/

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 10:46:46 PM »
Well JN I blame the Packers loss on you.  How could a self respecting Minnesotan pick the Pack?

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »
Well Ziggy, just me and you.

If I win this, I'll have the clean sweep (NCAA Tournament, NBA Playoff, Survivor Football)......except for the one I actually care about (Fantasy Ball)

jn

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 08:48:45 AM »
There was a great deal of shame involved zig.  However, I would have had to pick them some time, and in things like this and fantasy picks you can't let emotion get in the way.  I simply played the percentages, (Favre is like 20-4 against the Bears) and got burned.  

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 11:21:58 AM »
Well Ziggy, just me and you.

If I win this, I'll have the clean sweep (NCAA Tournament, NBA Playoff, Survivor Football)......except for the one I actually care about (Fantasy Ball)
Derek,
I would like to say it was just you and me, but I was the poor Otago Highlanders who picked the stinking Packers at home against the Chicago Bears.  It is my 13 year old son (hence the name ziggy's puppy) that did the smart thing and picked the sure winner in NE over Arizona.
He won his survival league last year as well, and most importantly he doesn't listen to his dad.  But as a 13 year old it is necessary to tell him 7 times a week to make sure and select his team.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 11:23:58 AM »
There was a great deal of shame involved zig.  However, I would have had to pick them some time, and in things like this and fantasy picks you can't let emotion get in the way.  I simply played the percentages, (Favre is like 20-4 against the Bears) and got burned.
The least you could have done is picked them during a week when I wasn't picking them.  Your curse took me down.  BTW, does this mean you have decided to vote for Bush as well  :cheers:,  :D ?

AA Mil

jn

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 12:56:58 PM »
Yeah and I just bought a Blazers jersey.   :up:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 10:31:58 AM »
Oh man...boy did I lose some change last night on that game.  If only I could take it out on Porky Pig who was dressed up like an NFL ref.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 10:47:52 AM »
Don't forget the fumble that was recovered by the eagles but called vikings.  it goes both ways.

Eagles outplayed the vikes last night, the eagles simply made less mistakes.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 10:53:17 AM »
Don't forget the fumble that was recovered by the eagles but called vikings.  it goes both ways.

Eagles outplayed the vikes last night, the eagles simply made less mistakes.
Oh ya...Im not blaming the loss on the ref.  Just felt like re-directing my anger at him.  The Eagles whooped the crap outta the Viks last night.  Good game.  I'm just bitter I lost some cash.