Author Topic: Sanders, arm-tackling return to NFL  (Read 829 times)

Guest_spursfan101

Sanders, arm-tackling return to NFL
« on: September 10, 2004, 11:46:09 AM »

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (sPERTS.net) -– Deion Sanders can show anybody a thing or two about blanket coverage. However, his new All-Pro middle linebacker teammate thinks his new teammate can give him some tips on tackling as well.
Lewis cited Sanders’ soft-hitting abilities as the main reason why he persuaded the cornerback and the Baltimore Ravens to agree to a deal during a press conference Tuesday.

Sanders, 37, passed his physical and signed a $1.5 million contract with incentives that could make it worth up to $2 million.

While Lewis uses his speed and strength to make highlight hits on every single play, he said Sanders caught his eye because he doesn’t.

“I’m used to attacking the ball, attacking the ball carrier,” Lewis said. “Deion waits for the ball carrier to get to him, and then holds on for dear life. That’s an element to my game I wouldn’t have had if it wasn’t for Deion.”

Sanders has been away for the game for three years, but he said that his time in the CBS broadcast booth has allowed him to develop some new strategies on bringing down faster, bigger and stronger wide receivers.

“I don’t want to tip my hand too much, but I have an entire repertoire of moves that nobody’s accounting for,” Sanders said.

In front of the press, Sanders demonstrated two of them. One was “Waterskis,” in which Sanders grabs hold of the back of the receiver’s jersey and goes for a ride until enough teammates come to help. He also showed “The Olive Oyl,” in which he holds onto the ball carrier’s wrist with one hand and slaps him with his handwarmer with the other.

“Sorry guys, that’s all I can show you for now,” he told reporters. “You’ll have to see the rest on the field.”  :rofl:

jn

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 12:13:13 PM »
Deion's return will prove one thing conclusively. Namely that Rod Woodson is the best cornerback of his generation.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 12:13:34 PM »
One of Deons best stats may end up being how many concussions he ends up with.

Zero.