Author Topic: Shaq disses Kobe in a rap on mixtape cd  (Read 2080 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq disses Kobe in a rap on mixtape cd
« on: September 09, 2004, 02:30:33 PM »
Shaquille O'Neal takes a jab at former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant in a new rap CD.

In a collaboration with DJ Vlad on the song You Not the Fightin' Type, Shaq calls out a rapper named Skillz and says, "Even with wings you never as fly as me ... you remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can't ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I'm at, I'm Puffy; you Mase and you're still hated."
Bryant signed a contract with the Lakers for seven years and $136.4 million in July. And it is widely thought his strong influence led to the departure of O'Neal — who was traded to the Heat — and the retirement of Phil Jackson as the team's head coach.

Those moves came following the Lakers' disappointing loss in five games to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals.

O'Neal has made two other rap albums, Shaq Diesel and Shaq Fu -- Da Return. While teaming with Bryant, they led the Lakers to three straight NBA titles

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »
Shaquille O'Neal takes a jab at former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant in a new rap CD.

In a collaboration with DJ Vlad on the song You Not the Fightin' Type, Shaq calls out a rapper named Skillz and says, "Even with wings you never as fly as me ... you remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can't ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I'm at, I'm Puffy; you Mase and you're still hated."
Bryant signed a contract with the Lakers for seven years and $136.4 million in July. And it is widely thought his strong influence led to the departure of O'Neal — who was traded to the Heat — and the retirement of Phil Jackson as the team's head coach.

Those moves came following the Lakers' disappointing loss in five games to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals.

O'Neal has made two other rap albums, Shaq Diesel and Shaq Fu -- Da Return. While teaming with Bryant, they led the Lakers to three straight NBA titles
Skillz diss of Shaq is 10X better.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:40:55 PM »

Its so sad that Shaq still thinks hes the single and only reason why the Lakers won 3 straight

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 10:35:36 AM »

post the diss of shaq...i would like to read it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 11:02:18 AM »

I'll try and dig it up, it wasn't text, it was the actualy song I heard.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 11:31:29 AM »

I'll try and dig it up, it wasn't text, it was the actualy song I heard.
I think I have the link somewhere too.

If you guys want some backround on the Skillz/Shaq beef ill give ya some.  Apparently Shaq paid Skillz to "ghostwrite" some verses for him on one of his albums a while back.  Skillz later ended up putting out a song called 'ghostwriter' which he took shots at people he wrote lyrics for that ended up making millions and getting fame off his lyrics.  No names were mentioned in the actual track, the names were bleeped out like cuss words.  Apparently one of the lines was aimed at Shaq talking about how the Big Meizer had yet to pay Skillz the money he was owed.  

A rumor circulating is that Skillz and Shaq started the beef to get some shine for Skillz who has a album due out next year.  Which makes alot of sense because 1) ghostwriter came out like 3-4 years ago, so why the diss so much later? 2) Skillz wrote lyrics for Shaq so how could Shaq get in a lyrical beef with him?  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 11:33:03 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »
A rumor circulating is that Skillz and Shaq started the beef to get some shine for Skillz who has a album due out next year.
Dang, I didn't know Shaq was a republican as well.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 02:19:32 PM »

I found highlights

"You versus me, that's a sad one/ I killed your rap career, as if you ever had one ... When you see me, have nothing to say/ Treat me like your lazy eye and start going the other way."

"That garbage you mumbled over the track/ I can write for Yao Ming, and he'd probably sound better than that/ The Lakers' dynasty, that's over, n---a/ That goes for you, Payton, Malone and Kobe, n---a."

The most humor-filled moments on the mixtape come via "99 Free Throws," a freestyle that uses the flow pattern and instrumental from Jay-Z's "99 Problems."

"99 free throws and you won't hit one/ When you at the foul line, I feel bad for you, son," he jabs. "Once a rappin' ball player tried to dis me in his flow/ Not a rappin' ballplayer in the sense he could rap/ Well, actually none of them are really good at that ... You know the type/ They got cake, so they hype/ Got a bunch of yes-men telling them they sh-- is tight."