Author Topic: Can the Jr. Varsity Conference compete?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Can the Jr. Varsity Conference compete?
« on: February 19, 2004, 02:09:46 PM »
Well its 54 minutes before the trade deadline, so if the Pistons end up with Sheed that may boost them.
Indy still represents the ECs best chance at series with the Varsity Conf.
Artests injury and/or recovery is going to have a huge say in Indys title bid.  

Now as to New Jersey, do you now put them in the title hunt with Dougie Howsers record 10th straight win since taking over?  Well, he broke the record of.................Kurt Rambis with the 98-99 Flamers.  So lets wait until next week when they are at MN.

Knicks unless they pull some trade in the next 51 minutes i think will make noise in the playoffs but thats all.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 08:24:15 PM »
i wouldnt call the east Jv anymore.  Sheep playing next to Big Ben Wallace makes them the team to beat in the east IMO.  even more so than the pacers.  I think Detroit, Indy and NY and New Orleans are all teams that will give any western conference team trouble in the championship series, winning the title may go to the west again, but i think the east is going to put up a serious fight this year...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »
With Artest I still favor Indy over Detroit.
I'm waiting for an update beyond "out indefinitely".

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 06:05:48 PM »
With Artest I still favor Indy over Detroit.
I'm waiting for an update beyond "out indefinitely".
no way indy could stop big ben and sheed reality....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 06:24:48 PM »
Sheeds last deep playoff appearance was one of NBA historys greatest choke jobs, of which 'Sheed was the prime chokee with his 6 or 8 straight or whatever it was 4th qtr misses v lakers in Psuedo Title I.

Now one game does not cast him as a choker forever, but this guy hasn't shown he has what it takes when it counts -the playoffs and particularly deep in the playoffs.  Sure he could smoke with Big Ben and Larry Brown or he could temper tantrum and sulk if things don't go his way.

I dont have Indy way above Detroit in a 7 game series but i still like Indy overall, including coaching with Carlisle.  Artest out I favor Detroit.

What is your take on the new Dougie Howser Nets chances?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 06:53:55 PM »
Sheeds last deep playoff appearance was one of NBA historys greatest choke jobs, of which 'Sheed was the prime chokee with his 6 or 8 straight or whatever it was 4th qtr misses v lakers in Psuedo Title I.

Now one game does not cast him as a choker forever, but this guy hasn't shown he has what it takes when it counts -the playoffs and particularly deep in the playoffs.  Sure he could smoke with Big Ben and Larry Brown or he could temper tantrum and sulk if things don't go his way.

I dont have Indy way above Detroit in a 7 game series but i still like Indy overall, including coaching with Carlisle.  Artest out I favor Detroit.

What is your take on the new Dougie Howser Nets chances?
you really think JO can take the wallace twins combined and win???

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 11:25:29 AM »
<you really think JO can take the wallace twins combined and win???

I like the sum total of Indy, i don't view it as JO having to take on the new twins by himself.  Jeff Foster may not offer much offense, but he can get in and bang along with Croshere and Harrington and even Pollard for 10 minutes a game.  Artest is a must have.  J.  Tinsley is sharp.  The rookie guard Freddie Jones from Oregon i thought even when on Oregon he would make a good pro.  Putting in signifigant meaningful minutes at 17 per game, can play fast as he has excellent speed or play slow tempo physical game at 6'4" 210.  Pacers as a whole can play uptempo or halfcourt, yes i like this team as a whole.  Plenty of people to help bang and guard Detroits New Twins.
The overated weakling on Indy is Veggie Miller.  Makes em except when it counts, glory hog not a team player in years past.  Also guns at most inopportune times, leaving his team no chance for the offensive rebound.  Maybe Carlisle and Bird will cure him of that.  I doubt Bird will as he let him gun away vs the Flamers in the finals.  Carlisle may be reaching him tho.    
  Besides the Game 7 Chokerola what else have Sheed led Blazer teams done in the playoffs?  Bunch of 1st and 2nd round exits.  Don't get me wrong i see the upsdide with Larry Brown coaching but with Artest I like Indy over Detroit.  If it even comes to that.  
You and everyone have still not told me what your take on the Dougie Howser Nets are.  11-0.  Is this team an EC title threat?  I will wait till they play at MN this upcoming week.