Author Topic: Will the Blazers trade Zach  (Read 1523 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Will the Blazers trade Zach
« on: August 29, 2004, 06:27:45 PM »
I read this on Fan Home, and since we have some Philly guys here, wondering if they had heard the same.

"This is trade rumor from Sports Radio 950 in Philadelphia. The Bucks would send Michael Redd, Desmond Mason, & Marcus Haislip to Portland in exchange for Zach Randolph, Derek Anderson, and Portland's 2005 1st rounder. The host said that discussions had been going on for a couple weeks, and that Portland was very hesitant when it came to dealing Randolph, but after Randolphs recent incident...."

If I am John Nash I do this now.  This gives us a lineup of

PG  -  Damon, Van Exel, Telfair
SG  -  Redd, Mason, Frahmn
SF   -  Miles, Patterson
PF   -  Rahim, Outlaw, Haislip
C    -  Ratliff, Przybilla, Stepania

Lack depth up front, but I still like that team.  Zach has been arrested 4 times as a Blazer, I think it is time for him to move on.  If we can get Redd for him, that is FABULOUS!!

A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 08:42:52 PM »
Sports Radio 950 in Philadelphia

There is no sports radio 950 in philadelphia.

It's 610 WIP

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 10:14:08 AM »
Sports Radio 950 in Philadelphia

There is no sports radio 950 in philadelphia.

It's 610 WIP
Aside from this I dont think this trade will happen.  After Michael Redd's season last year and all the talk about why he wasnt part of the dream team I think his stock is a little too high for him to get dealt with Mason for those guys.  Not sure how the contracts and all that look but that would be silly for the Bucs to give up their 2 best players.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:27:20 PM »
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian...95341459060.xml

cutting out all the legal stuff:

-----------------------------------

Headed to Milwaukee?

Two-thousand miles west, in Portland, the Trail Blazers organization also is struggling to believe.

After watching Randolph steadily progress in his first three seasons -- including last season, when he averaged 20.1 points and 10.5 rebounds, earning him the NBA's Most Improved Player award -- the Blazers believe in Randolph's talent.

But the franchise is embarking on year two of its self-proclaimed "New Era," which included a much-publicized 25-point pledge to its fans that trumpeted a philosophy of valuing character over talent.

Randolph, clearly the most talented and promising player on the team, is in the last year of his contract, which is set to pay him $1.8 million this season. The Blazers have until Oct. 31 to offer an extension, which one month ago seemed like a sure bet.

But today, the Blazers have cooled considerably, to the point where their once-believed foundation of the future now is rumored in a trade sending Randolph, Derek Anderson and a 2005 draft pick to Milwaukee for Michael Redd, Desmond Mason and Marcus Haislip.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 06:17:04 PM »
So Derek, what do you think.  Is this something the Blazers should do, or is it a foolish move?  I say do it, and do it NOW!!!
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 07:25:28 PM »
with the personnel they already have in place (miles and SAR), I'd certainly do it.  Get a top SG, a great 6th man and lose all the PR problems (they'd have a great image once Damon leaves)