Author Topic: Derek, fantasy question  (Read 1263 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek, fantasy question
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:45:12 AM »
I am a commish in a baseball league and we are using your rules for our keeper league.  I had this question raised so I thought I would gte clarification.

How are the keeper players actually selected in the draft?  Yahoo doesn't seem to give you the ability to place players on a team.  Does that mean that the first 2 rounds of the draft will be handled as any other draft, just that the player selection has been predetermined, and as a manager I must select my keepers accordingly, or do you as commish auto select those players ahead of time or at the draft?
If we must select the players at the draft, what about those people who won't be able to be at the live draft?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Derek, fantasy question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 11:31:10 AM »
Yes, that's what the first two rounds are used for.  and each player has to be trustworthy and select his own players himself.

So, if you can't make it, you need to select your two keepers at the top of you queue, players 1 and 2.  that way, as long as nobody else select the players, you're guaranteed of the computer selecting these two people for you.

If someone forgets to set their lineups [we'll call him criminal] and selects someone elses keepers [we'll call him the victim, then the victim will select the criminal's keeper, and they'll swap keepers in a trade after the trade.

so let's say you have LeBron as a keeper and I have KG.  You forget to set your lineups, and you're gone, and you accidentally select KG.  I will then select LeBron, and after the draft is finished we'll make the 1-1 trade so the keepers are properly placed.

Once keeper submissions are in I'll post an excel file online so there is quick access to who should be selected where in case this happens.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek, fantasy question
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:20:59 PM »
Gracias amigo.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil