Author Topic: How the Lakers could Reload  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How the Lakers could Reload
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:37:22 AM »
Trade Shaq.
Trade Kobe.

What would they get for each seperately?
There is your team

Its been two years in a row now its proven that when the refs keep it fairly fair the team that has played like a team has toppled the superstars.  Why not become a team?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:43:43 AM »
Trade Shaq.
Trade Kobe.

What would they get for each seperately?
There is your team

Its been two years in a row now its proven that when the refs keep it fairly fair the team that has played like a team has toppled the superstars.  Why not become a team?
 :crazy:

obe would have to agree to sign and trade, why would he do it if he hates the team that much.  and if they get rid of kobe why get rid of shaq??  the lakers will not be the same no matter what - i DONT think PJ will be back, i dont think malone will be back nor payton - i think Kobe is gone, and I think LA will be out in the first round next season....the LA dream team is dead Reality.  let it stay that way....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:51:45 AM »

obe would have to agree to sign and trade, why would he do it if he hates the team that much.  and if they get rid of kobe why get rid of shaq??  the lakers will not be the same no matter what - i DONT think PJ will be back, i dont think malone will be back nor payton - i think Kobe is gone, and I think LA will be out in the first round next season....the LA dream team is dead Reality.  let it stay that way....
my bad on Kobme, seeing him last night still has me I.D.ing him as a Laker.  He doesnt have to give the team anything at this point does he.

Why trade Shraq?  Well if they are as you say headed for a 1st round and out, then why not build for the future before his value slides?  With the marketing possibilities i think a lot of other teams owners would offer a lot for Shaq.

Had i been correct that Kobe was still tradeable i was thinking they could amass 5 very good players.

And leaving the .4 Hall of Flamers in ashes is not a problem.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 11:14:51 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 11:15:46 AM »
Its been two years in a row now its proven that when the refs keep it fairly fair the team that has played like a team has toppled the superstars.
 :nonono:

Show some class an objectivity for ONCE.

dabods,

Can you add an ignore feature?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 11:30:24 AM »
check the stats for Lakers playoffs when they have more FTAs vs when not.

And can you edit your posts to Joe V and all to say:

"There is no way the Pistons can sweep the Lakers.  No way."  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 01:38:03 PM by Reality »