Author Topic: Now that was stunning  (Read 1222 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Now that was stunning
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:50:43 PM »
Congrats to Rasheed and the rest of the Pistons.  Condolances to Laker fans.  Best team clearly won.  Joe Dumars showed he knows basketball, and was clearly the smarter one of the Bad Boys backcourt.
Defense wins titles, and Pistons proved that.
The Laker off season will clearly be an interesting one.  Lots of potential changes, but no guaranteed changes.  Who stays and who goes, and who comes in to replace them.  Phil chased off Jerry West, and now when the Lakers need him he is in Memphis.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Now that was stunning
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:57:32 PM »
I can honestly say I was more bummed last year after losing to the Spurs.  That was probably because I felt the Lakers still had a shot to beat the Spurs.  After game four this year it was clear the Lakers were not going to make it to the finish line.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Now that was stunning
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 01:24:14 AM »
I can honestly say I was more bummed last year after losing to the Spurs.  That was probably because I felt the Lakers still had a shot to beat the Spurs.  After game four this year it was clear the Lakers were not going to make it to the finish line.
All my heartbreak came after game 4 so tonight wasnt that huge of a suprise to me.  It was more like how long do the Lakers want to drag this out before being put away.  Looks to me like they felt the same way tonight;.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com