Author Topic: Man arrested for selling bogus Lakers tickets  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Man arrested for selling bogus Lakers tickets
« on: June 10, 2004, 05:22:09 PM »
msc,

While this was eBay stuff I'm curious to know what came down at Staples Game 1 &2/will come down for Game 6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004...tory?id=1818223

LOS ANGELES -- A man who allegedly sold about $55,000 worth of Los Angeles Lakers season tickets -- with the promise of playoff seats -- to buyers who never received them was charged Tuesday with grand theft, authorities said.

Scott Raymond Thomas, 26, of Australia was arrested Monday at Los Angeles International Airport after he stepped off a plane, said Deputy District Attorney Jeff McGrath.

Thomas is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday on three counts of grand theft and two counts of attempted grand theft. If convicted, he could face up to five years in state prison.

Thomas allegedly offered Lakers playoff tickets on eBay if the buyer would purchase season tickets estimated between $15,000 and $25,000. Prosecutors said one of the victims paid $25,000 and two others paid $15,000 each. Two other people were offered the tickets but didn't pay.

No tickets were ever received, prosecutors said.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 05:50:20 PM »
I'm sooo glad these kind of prices don't exist in SA -- could you imagine what SA fans would have to steal in order to pay these kind of prices?  Scary, huh?  :rolleyes:  

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:02:18 PM »
msc,

While this was eBay stuff I'm curious to know what came down at Staples Game 1 &2/will come down for Game 6.

huh?  I don't understand what you're curious to know.  Are you asking me about prices?  I havent' checked with anyone but judging from the amount of Pistons fans I've seen at the games driving up the demand, I have to think seats in my section are going for $500ish each, the face is $130.  Unbelievable.  If I wasn't such a donkey, I'd be selling mine on ebay!

Just heard on the radio Malone isnt' playing tonight, also heard Cook has the flu.  Bummer.  Sloffense Medvestanko is all we gots at the 4.  Can you say: career playoff high for 'Sheed?  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Do'h!!!!  I better start drinking now :alcohol: