Author Topic: Condolences JN  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Condolences JN
« on: May 28, 2004, 10:48:35 AM »
If there is one person I feel bad for, it’s you JN, longsuffering Wolves fan that you are, but in all honesty, the Lakers look like they are toying with the Wolves right now, never for a moment did they look like they could mount a serious threat against LA and the Lakers long dormant (although extremely capable) defense is really starting to exert itself.

I was hoping for a more exciting series, specifically, I wish Cassell was healthy and able to play. While I think his presence would not change the outcome, it certainly would have added some excitement and kept this from being the lackluster series I think it is. The real series in terms of excitement was Sacramento\Minnesota and LA\SA.

Again, condolences JN, there is no way I see LA losing 3 straight, so this series is over.
Dan

jn

Condolences JN
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:18:43 PM »
Yeah it's really unfortunate that the Wolves injuries have come at the point guard spot.  A bit of Murphy's Law really.   Despite Randy's insane assertions  :alcohol: the Wolves do not gain an advantage by losing an All Star and forcing other players to play out of position.  

Given the improved mental toughness of the Wolves this year and the Lakers tendency to take games off I think we have a good shot on Sat but that's about it.  

Guest_Randy

Condolences JN
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:55:40 PM »
I actually enjoy insanity, jn, you should try it some time.  Sanity, IMO, is highly overrated!   B)

I don't think that I ever stated that the TWolves wouldn't miss Cassell or be a better team without him -- I simply said that I would prefer the match-ups the Lakers have WITH him than without him.  The TWolves aren't as good as the Spurs and the Lakers are better offensively and defensively than the Wolves are.  The TWolves need a post player and Candi has been a HUGE disappointment -- he doesn't seem to bring as much to the Wolves as he did the Clips -- and I thought with the help of Flip and KG that he would become a better player -- obviously, I was wrong.