Author Topic: Does KG deserve more ft's than what he got?  (Read 1148 times)

Guest_Randy

Does KG deserve more ft's than what he got?
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:35:28 PM »
KG and Flip Saunders are whining about KG's lack of ft's.  Umm, does anyone see KG taking the ball to the hole or shooting jump shots?  

Here is what KG has shot in ft's in the SacTown and Lakers series:
SacTown:  4-4, 12-14, 8-9, 2-2, 5-6, 3-4, 7-11
Lakers:     2-2,    3-5, 3-4

Against SacTown he had two games where he shot more than 10 ft's in four of the seven games, in fact, he had 6 ft's or less.  I think KG needs to realize that he isn't going to get ft's from shooting from outside -- if he wants to get some ft's, he needs to take the ball to the hole.  The only problem is that's where Shaq is -- guarding the paint and since the TWolves don't have much offense from their center position -- it allows Shaq to cheat -- a LOT.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:54:54 PM »
KG and Flip Saunders are whining about KG's lack of ft's.  Umm, does anyone see KG taking the ball to the hole or shooting jump shots?  

Here is what KG has shot in ft's in the SacTown and Lakers series:
SacTown:  4-4, 12-14, 8-9, 2-2, 5-6, 3-4, 7-11
Lakers:     2-2,    3-5, 3-4

Against SacTown he had two games where he shot more than 10 ft's in four of the seven games, in fact, he had 6 ft's or less.  I think KG needs to realize that he isn't going to get ft's from shooting from outside -- if he wants to get some ft's, he needs to take the ball to the hole.  The only problem is that's where Shaq is -- guarding the paint and since the TWolves don't have much offense from their center position -- it allows Shaq to cheat -- a LOT.
I think he is asking for more trips to the line because of how he feels Karl Malone is guarding him out on the perimeter.  Although I do agree.  Ive yet to really see him take it to the rack on a consistant basis so why should he expect to goto the line often?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:05:09 PM »
Well Randy, we're just getting set up for some idiot to whine that the officials gave LA the series by sending them to the line FAR more than their opponent, never mind LA's horrific FT % almost negates any FT disparity, never mind the post game LA plays, never mind the extreme intentional fouls on Shaq, never mind that Minnesota is clearly playing a perimeter game, which almost guarantee's fewer FT's.

Flip Saunders whining about the lack of FT's for is superstar rings as hollow as Shaq cranium in light of the above mentioned facts. Looking for FT's to bail you out is the sign of a team scared of their opponent, they deliberately send Shaq to the line 22 times and Flip complains about LA shooting more from the stripe?!?! What an idiot! If they send him halfthat  number and he maintains his same deplorable average, Minnesota still loses by 7. Man up Minnesota, take it the hole and earn the FT, don't cry like women that it is ridiculous that Garnett only got to the line 4 times when he shot just about everything from midrange or even farther out, give me just a small break!
Dan

rickortreat

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 06:18:39 PM »
In regular season games, what Karl is doing to KG would be called as fouls.  But not in the playoffs.  Minnesota has to find a way to take it inside and draw fouls.  They can't win enough against the Lakers shooting from the outside in a half-court set.  They need to get out and run and use their speed, or the series will be over in 2 games.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 06:46:23 PM »
As opposed to what any other player does defensively in the playoffs? Is it only because it is Malone guarding Garnett?

Garnett has been to the post season for years now and he knows as well as anyone that the officials let them play and are far less inclined to call fouls they might in the regular season, but his not getting the calls is not because they are letting Malone get away with anymore than they would any other player at this point in the playoffs, and remember, Garnett is the MVP, not Malone, so we can't say Malone's superstar status is the reason. It is because Garnett isn't taking the ball to the rack, period. Same goes for the entire Wolves squad.
Dan

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 06:57:31 PM »
In regular season games, what Karl is doing to KG would be called as fouls.  But not in the playoffs.  Minnesota has to find a way to take it inside and draw fouls.  They can't win enough against the Lakers shooting from the outside in a half-court set.  They need to get out and run and use their speed, or the series will be over in 2 games.
Hmm, what I have a problem with is the hypocrisy.  Flip is whining that KG isn't getting freethrows because he is out shooting jumpshots and YES there is physical activity going on out there -- the same kind that HIS team are playing.  Did anyone catch Martin covering Fish the other day -- he started grabbing his shirt when he had the ball and it actually led to a turnover.  If Flip wants to clean up the game -- he should start with HIS squad -- not just whine because it's not getting called in favor of the TWolves.  And yes, the same applies to PJ when he says it.