Author Topic: Speaking of Stanford, Mike Montgomery to Warriors?  (Read 1181 times)

jn

Speaking of Stanford, Mike Montgomery to Warriors?
« on: May 21, 2004, 11:21:39 AM »
That seems like a disaster to me.  He's a terrific college coach but I think you can add his name to the college to pros dishonor role along with Calipari, Kruger, Pitino, etc.    

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 01:09:53 PM »
I'm not so sure, jn.  The strength of those others was recruiting and relating to the young players.  Those strengths aren't needed as much in the NBA.  Montgomery is known as one of the better strategists and teachers in the college ranks.  Something that reminds more of the description given to Larry Brown.  As long as the Warrior players are willing to listen I think Montgomery could do well.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 01:28:24 PM »
That's true Lurker, he definitely wins by his coaching acumen rather than just putting big talent on the floor, ala Calipari.    

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 02:17:40 PM »
I can see it now....the warriors are going to suck again because the GM has yet to address the holes in the lineup.  Then Monty is going to be blamed for not being able to get these guys to become winners.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com