Author Topic: So, Laker people, thoughts?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
So, Laker people, thoughts?
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
My Laker coworker is of the opinion that big changes are on the horizon.   I suspect he is right.  With Kobe aging and the failure to reach the finals the past two years I think the leash is going to be awfully short for Mike Brown and others.   

It was a remarkable series to watch.   After game 2 I was wondering how the Thunder won.  The Lakers had kept them from running and in the fourth the did a great job of forcing the ball out of Durant and Westbrooks hands.  The Thunder had to settle for jumpers from Ibaka.  Now I love Ibaka but that is not what they were looking for.   

Then the Lakers still managed to lose.   The common theme in the late collapses was failure to take care of the ball.   There were some really ugly turnovers in there.   

By game 5 it just seemed a given that the Thunder were going to be the better team down the stretch.  Really an amazing change. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: So, Laker people, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
No time to give an in depth right now, but I will say Kobe forced too many shots, they played well enough to win when they played inside out, settling for jumpers let the Thunder do what they do best, run, when they kept it in the half court OKC looked lost and bumped up against the shot clock with alarming regularity.

In short, they have the biggest, most talent frontcourt in basketball and they ABSOLUTELY FAILED to use it, that is as much on Brown as it is on Kobe, more later, off to a wedding.
Dan