Author Topic: In the words of Coach Popovich . . .  (Read 1477 times)

Guest_Randy

In the words of Coach Popovich . . .
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:00:58 PM »
"They're going to come back, they're going to compete," he said of the Spurs. "So will LA, and the best team is going to come out of this.

"That's the good thing -- nobody's going to slip through or nobody's going to get lucky. The best team's going to win the series."

It's so good to hear a true fan make these comments -- these are my thoughts as well -- no matter the refs, etc., the best team is going to win this series!  I look forward to tonight and talking with real Spurs fans tomorrow.

And I will also say that I wish that PJ would show this kind of class (of course, he doesn't need to do that to SacTown  :up: ).

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:50:37 PM »
It's so good to hear a true fan make these comments -- these are my thoughts as well -- no matter the refs, etc., the best team is going to win this series!  I look forward to tonight and talking with real Spurs fans tomorrow.

Randy that is soo brave of you.
Knowing the Lakers have never been on the short end of the reffing 1999-forward.

Kind of like in MLB Gary Sheffield posing to the reporter about steroids:  "Go ahead and test me.  Name the time and place.  Go ahead!"  Knowing full well the MLB Players Association NEVER allows this to happen. :rolleyes:

Sung to the tune of "The Reason" by HOOBASTANK

I'm not a perfect poster,
As many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

Chorus
I've found a reason for me
To stop posting so lameleee
A reason to start over new
and Reality the reason is you.

I'm sorry that I attempted to hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the bandwidth I put you through
Oh Derek I wish that I could take it all away.
And be the one that logic reaches my ears
Thats why i need you to hear

ChorusX2
To change who I used to be
To give up false Purple and Gold,
cause they've gotten so Old.

Chorus X3
It's really gotten Old
Our worship of Purple and Gold.
Time to give it a rest
and say "The Spurs are the best".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 01:52:17 PM by Reality »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 02:00:11 PM »
Knowing the Lakers have never been on the short end of the reffing 1999-forward.

[/quote]

Have to disagree with you here Reality.  Clearly, the Lakers got the short end of the stick from the refs last season.  If not, they'd be going for five in a row .... right?   :crazy:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 02:09:41 PM »
Have to disagree with you here Reality.  Clearly, the Lakers got the short end of the stick from the refs last season.
You must be kidding me.

Do you have a lead on any tickets?  

For real, unlike someone else.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 02:49:03 PM »
It's so good to hear a true fan make these comments -- these are my thoughts as well -- no matter the refs, etc., the best team is going to win this series!  I look forward to tonight and talking with real Spurs fans tomorrow.

Kind of like in MLB Gary Sheffield posing to the reporter about steroids:  "Go ahead and test me.  Name the time and place.  Go ahead!"  Knowing full well the MLB Players Association NEVER allows this to happen. :rolleyes:

Sung to the tune of "The Reason" by HOOBASTANK

I'm not a perfect poster,
As many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

Chorus
To stop posting so lameleee
A reason to start over new
and Reality the reason is you.

I'm sorry that I attempted to hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the bandwidth I put you through
Oh Derek I wish that I could take it all away.
And be the one that logic reaches my ears
Thats why i need you to hear

ChorusX2
To change who I used to be
To give up false Purple and Gold,
cause they've gotten so Old.

Chorus X3
It's really gotten Old
Our worship of Purple and Gold.
Time to give it a rest
and say "The Spurs are the best".
When you answer this question honestly, THEN I will respond to any questions you have:  

WHO WAS THE BETTER TEAM IN GAMES 3 AND 4!

For your info, the rest of the faithful Spurs nation have answered with class -- it's what separates you from them.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 04:06:56 PM »
You must be kidding me.

Do you have a lead on any tickets? 

For real, unlike someone else.

Not kidding in the least.  Your contention is that the league mandates the refs to give the Lakers preferential treatment in order to insure the highest tv revenues for the league.  This due to the fact that the Lakers consistently draw the highest tv ratings.  I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but if you truly believe that (which I don't believe you do, BTW) then the Lakers should have won it all last year.  The refs had ample opportunities to give the Lakes some calls in game 5, but didn't.  And it came down to a missed 3 by Bob.  

I don't have a lead on tix.  I have my own season seats, but I'm not willing to part with them ... especially for a Spurs fan!  Side note, I saw an acquintance at Tuesdays game sitting three rows in front of me (sec 216) I talked to him at halftime and he told me he bought the seats on ebay for $900 (450ea.) ... un-be-lievable!