Author Topic: OT:Guy from Philly gets head cut off by Iraqi's  (Read 2551 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT:Guy from Philly gets head cut off by Iraqi's
« on: May 11, 2004, 02:39:23 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3705409.stm

Video 'shows US man beheaded'

The victim said he was an American from Philadelphia
An Islamic militant website has shown a video purporting to show the beheading of an American in Iraq.
The video showed five men in headscarves and ski masks cutting off the man's head with a knife.

Moments earlier the victim, bound and dressed in an orange jumpsuit, said he was an American from Philadelphia.

The group, thought to be linked to al-Qaeda, said it was carrying out the killing in retaliation for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers.

The poor-quality tape - shown on the Muntada al-Ansar site - began with the victim sitting on the floor with five masked men behind him.

It was titled "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American".

However, it was not clear whether al-Zarqawi - a senior al-Qaeda operative accused of masterminding multiple bomb attacks against US forces in Iraq - was actually in the video.

'Devilish scorn'

The victim identified himself as Nick Berg, a US civilian who was said to have been working on repairing Iraq's infrastructure. His body was found near a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins slaughtered in this way

Voice on tape  
"My father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in... Philadelphia."

One of the masked men read out a statement, saying they had offered to exchange the man for inmates of Abu Ghraib prison but the coalition authorities refused.

"How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?" he said.

"You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way."

The statement also threatened US President George W Bush, saying he would regret the day he stepped into Iraq.

It described Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf as a "traitor agent".

Disappearance

After reading the statement, they pulled the man to the side and put a knife to his neck.

The man screamed as he was killed.

His killers shouted "Allah is great" before holding what appeared to be a head up to the camera.

The 26-year-old Mr Berg, who owned a communications equipment company, was involved in rebuilding antennas in Iraq before he disappeared on 9 April.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 02:43:09 PM »
This pisses me off -- while I do NOT agree with what has happened in prisons in Iraq, this shows the difference between terrorists and the US.  Since when have we slaughtered prisoners?  It's about time to start taking the gloves off!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 02:57:14 PM »
This pisses me off -- while I do NOT agree with what has happened in prisons in Iraq, this shows the difference between terrorists and the US.  Since when have we slaughtered prisoners?  It's about time to start taking the gloves off!
I guess you missed the whole Honduras thing huh?  :rolleyes:

Does it really matter how someone is killed?  Granted there are more grusome and prolonged ways of killing someone but as a parent does it matter if you child is killed in that manner or because some cruise missle missed it's target?  Your kid is dead and you want some payback, plain and simple human nature.  You better believe I'd get "mid-evil" on somebody if they messed with my family.  Getting set on fire and dismembered would be a holiday compared to what I would do to a mo-fo, and I'm an amatuer compared to my wife's idea of vengence.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 03:00:30 PM »
The guy wasn't a soldier.  He wasn't even employed by the US government.  He was not harming anyone, other than the fact that he was american.

add that to the fact that he was killed for showmanship, and this is absolutely grotesque.

jn

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 03:10:22 PM »
Also MSNBC is reporting that he was in U.S. or Iraqi Governing Council custody at one point.  Very odd.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 03:11:22 PM »
This pisses me off -- while I do NOT agree with what has happened in prisons in Iraq, this shows the difference between terrorists and the US.  Since when have we slaughtered prisoners?  It's about time to start taking the gloves off!
I guess you missed the whole Honduras thing huh?  :rolleyes:

Does it really matter how someone is killed?  Granted there are more grusome and prolonged ways of killing someone but as a parent does it matter if you child is killed in that manner or because some cruise missle missed it's target?  Your kid is dead and you want some payback, plain and simple human nature.  You better believe I'd get "mid-evil" on somebody if they messed with my family.  Getting set on fire and dismembered would be a holiday compared to what I would do to a mo-fo, and I'm an amatuer compared to my wife's idea of vengence.
Yeah, I think there is a difference in the way someone is killed.  One is killed in battle -- the other is killed in a way that shows ZERO honor and it was in as barbaric a form as possible.  Why?  Simply showing that these people have no regard for life -- except their own (and some of them don't even respect their own lifes -- of course, they are usually the peons who have been brainwashed).

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 04:08:01 PM »
more troops, better weapons, more recon and special forces to go in and take these bast@rds out, just send them and get it over with BUSH!

i forces are not set up for guerilla tactics and fighting bare minimum is not helping our cause, we need t get rid of this problem (psycho cleric) now instead of more of this stuff happenning...

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 06:52:18 PM »
Just watched the video, man that was brutal.

I can't imagine what it must be like for the family.  Lucky for the world I don't have my hand on the button, I'd be pressing it like a genius on Jeopardy.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 08:53:09 AM »

I can't imagine what it must be like for the family.  Lucky for the world I don't have my hand on the button, I'd be pressing it like a genius on Jeopardy.
i downloaded it yesterday, i was not interested in seeing it but i knew where to find it, and my coworkers wanted to watch it... i saw most of it - i couldnt stomach to watch the entire thing, but what i did see was five cowards IN MASKS, who had an innocent american prisoner (who looked like he had NO CLUE what was about to happen to him) and brutally beheaded him, it WAS NOT SHORT, IT WAS NOT NEAT, IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A PAINLESS SWIPE, THE POOR MAN WAS ALIVE!!  ALIVE ALMOST UP UNTIL HIS HEAD FINALLY CAME OFF!!  this was evil, pure evil that did this, and cowardly - if you are standing up against the US and hiding anyway, and yet want to make a point why not show your face atleast!

I dont condone the horrible acts commimted by those stupid troops in that iraqi prison, but i do think its time to send in the reinforcements and then some and lock down on these towns and go house to house if need by to find these b@stards...

This poor guy looked as if they treated him well up until the end, like they told him it would be ok and they were just sending a film to the US to negotiate or something, BERG HAD NO CLUE WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!

NOBODY DESERVES TO GO THAT WAY....  i woldnt have wished that on my worst enemy, but i do want these people to pay for this, swiflty....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 08:57:10 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 08:59:21 AM »

I can't imagine what it must be like for the family.  Lucky for the world I don't have my hand on the button, I'd be pressing it like a genius on Jeopardy.
I know what you mean Wow, after watching that and wondering if all this is really futile or not...i could see myself turning that place into glass with a few nukes if i had the button.......just wrong man, really really wrong........