Author Topic: Unreal  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Unreal
« on: May 11, 2004, 01:04:24 AM »
I walked in while it was OT.

Plenty to talk about.

Stoyo rolling layup for the 2+1.  (He missed the +1)
KG turnaround jumper.  Did he get fouled by Christie on the shot?  Sure looked like it.
Stoyo hacked on the final attempt?  I didn't tape but TNT had the perfect angle and it sure looked like he got bumped pretty good on the elbow by Hassell.
KG traveled on MNs final possession 6 seconds left.  :blink:

jn how bout KG the point guard?  Bringing it upcourt twice in the final minute.  The 1st time with everyone on both teams up at the Twolves offensive end of the court as KG started on his own at the defensive end and dribbled up the entire court to the top of the key.  That was trippy.  2nd time he was like a guard handling the ball.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 01:30:44 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Unreal
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 01:06:58 AM »
There was some contact on Peja's elbow from the reply.

KG clearly slipped and slid but no traveling call.  KG then lost his balance and was leaning against Miller and when Miller backed off KG fell to the ground and travled.

Wolves nearly had their nuts scalped.  That was an unbeleivable comeback by the Kings after looking like they were ready to go home with thier tails between their legs.  I expect the Kings to win game 4 because they got a wake up call and Peja had a nearly Bird-like performance.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

Unreal
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 01:26:59 AM »
Peja fouled my butt!!  He was throwing up weak garbage and no ref should call that,  ESPECIALLY after KG got chopped by Christie on the buzzer beating turnaround and Hoiberg got knocked over twice on threes with no call.   I'm sure the Kings have some complaints to make about calls to but ultimately if your looking for the refs to bail you out on your home floor after the visiting teams point guard gets run off on someone else's foul midway through the 4th then I grow some so you can do the SamDance.    :P

KG as point worked great, and Freddy did a good job out there too.  

Hoiberg and Hassell went from being released by the Bulls to winning playoff games for the Wolves.  Could the difference between a winning organization and a floundering organization be more stark?

That was just too tense.   Props to the Kings for making it interesting but curse them and their three point shooting for keeping me up!  

jn

Unreal
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 01:27:59 AM »
Correction.  "I say you should grow some"  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Unreal
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 07:57:18 AM »
i turned the tv off with about 1 1/2 minute left in ot, the last 4 minutes of regulation was incredible, the kings just went crazy!  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Unreal
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 09:44:39 AM »
Peja fouled my butt!!  He was throwing up weak garbage and no ref should call that,  ESPECIALLY after KG got chopped by Christie on the buzzer beating turnaround and Hoiberg got knocked over twice on threes with no call.

Peja was fouled but so was Hoiberge and KG.  There was also alot of fouls not getting called under the boards.  There was alot of scraping mostly by Brad Miller.  KG looked spent and he couldn't control the boards.  Should the Wolves advance I think the Lakers or Spurs front line will destroy them on the glass.

I'm sure the Kings have some complaints to make about calls to but ultimately if your looking for the refs to bail you out on your home floor after the visiting teams point guard gets run off on someone else's foul midway through the 4th then I grow some so you can do the SamDance.    :P

You're right about that, looking to the refs to win the game for you is weak.  It drives me nuts when Kobe does that.  In all honesty I cannot think of one single time Larry Bird looked to get bailed out by the refs.  Bird used to force shots and contact but when he took a game winning shot he took the shot with the intent to make it not kick out or lean and try to draw contact and the foul.  For the most part Kobe, Bibby and TD go for game winners instead of ref bail outs.  Too bad for the Kings Bibby wasn't still in the game.  

That was the best playoff game this year, I can't beleive the Kings forced OT.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"