Author Topic: Viks or Chargers to L.A.? Or both?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Viks or Chargers to L.A.? Or both?
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
Rich dude AEG owners mouthpiece met with L.A. city council yesterday and this thing sounds like it is going down.
He said he'd like to have two NFL teams in the stadium, along with concerts etc.

jn and Wolfman what is going down in Vikingville?
Here in San Diego the Chargers owners are giving all signs of setting up a bail.  They keep trying (faking) to fleece the taxpayers with paying the majority of a new stadium.  Norvron Turner gets extended which imo is a continued plan to purposely lose (be mediocer) and thus drive interest down.  It's massively working as season ticket renewals/sales are at a 10 year low and dropping.  If the team does move to L.A. i will bet all my assets Norv will be replaced in a nanosecond.

Combined with Magic Johnsons pulling his money out of Laker Marketing along with his longtime stated wish to be in on a pro sports ownership.
All the little signs and now getting bigger signs say this is gonna happen.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Viks or Chargers to L.A.? Or both?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
My gut tells me a Vikes stadium gets done.

The team is saying it'll pay for a third of any new outdoor stadium, but right now, politicians and everybody else is against an outdoor stadium.

The Vikings are too popular in this region (including the Dakotas) for them to leave.  I doubt they do.  Something will get done.

(For the record, I'm a Broncos fan from St. Louis, so no bias here.)
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:33:07 AM »
^^ Interesting Wolfman.

Yeah, Richies mouthpiece says here one team has already committed.  I think its the Chargers.

AEG President Tim Leiweke told a panel of Los Angeles politicians Wednesday that "one or two NFL teams" are ready to move to downtown Los Angeles to play in the stadium the company wants to build.

"We have spent time with teams looking for a new stadium," Leiweke told the Los Angeles City Council's Trade, Commerce and Tourism Committee, according to a report (here) in The Los Angeles Times. "There are one or two teams ready to move. Mr. (Philip) Anschutz, (AEG's chairman), believes a team will come if we build it. At least one team will come if we build it."

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
I've heard rumors of the Chargers leaving San Diego for LA for awhile now.  If there's a team that's already "in the bag." I'm guessing it's them.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »
Ah, there's nothing quite like the sound of a team preparing to alienate the fanbase that has supported it, all for the promise of a bigger fan base.

Yo - George Shinn - how'd that Charlotte-to-New Orleans move work out for you?

There is a reason that the Rams left Los Angeles.  San Diego needs to work on winning when it counts, or their new fan base will be just as frustrated as their old fan base.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »
Ah, there's nothing quite like the sound of a team preparing to alienate the fanbase that has supported it, all for the promise of a bigger fan base.

Yo - George Shinn - how'd that Charlotte-to-New Orleans move work out for you?

There is a reason that the Rams left Los Angeles.  San Diego needs to work on winning when it counts, or their new fan base will be just as frustrated as their old fan base.

The Rams were in Orange County for 15 seasons.  They were in Anaheim and sharing a stadium with the Angels.  When they pressed for a stadium, they were shot down, and decided to goto St Louis where they were offered a new stadium.    That is why they left.  I don't think it is because LA cannot support a football team.  LA still supports the Raiders even though they are a few hundred miles away.  LA is still a huge market for their games and merchandise.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com