Author Topic: Eagles/Vikings.  (Read 2485 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles/Vikings.
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
Okay Derek, Rick, what in the world was THAT?  I understand a letdown after a big win but wow, that was one of the most inexplicable games I have ever seen.  It was a solid win for the Vikes and if their D backs could catch the ball it would have been a blowout.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Eagles/Vikings.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
Okay Derek, Rick, what in the world was THAT?  I understand a letdown after a big win but wow, that was one of the most inexplicable games I have ever seen.  It was a solid win for the Vikes and if their D backs could catch the ball it would have been a blowout.   

I loved that game!!!  I had a lead in my Fantasy Football league and my opponent had D-Jax going.  After the disasterous night Micheal Turner had on MNF I thought D-Jax had a shot at beating me in the title game. I was really pissed at all the talk about how the game would have been a lot different in the blizzard and how the good weather on Tuesday was going to give the Eagles offense the ability to explode.  Arrggg!!!  I was glad to see the Eagles shut down.  Now I am the champ and I can't even name all the teams in the NFL and I can't name half the QB's in the league and I have yet to watch a complete NFL game, other than the Superbowl, in over 10 years.  MS Excel RULES!!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »
 :D

Congrats man, I won my league for similar reasons.  I had Peterson in this game.  I went into it miraculously TIED because my opponent had Turner, Brees and Matt Bryant.   I had a low scoring week and I thought those guys would bury me. 

Funny how little expertise matters in Fantasy.  There's one guy in my league who in 10 years has never won a title, rarely makes the playoffs and he actually played a year for the Redskins!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
:D

Congrats man, I won my league for similar reasons.  I had Peterson in this game.  I went into it miraculously TIED because my opponent had Turner, Brees and Matt Bryant.   I had a low scoring week and I thought those guys would bury me. 

Funny how little expertise matters in Fantasy.  There's one guy in my league who in 10 years has never won a title, rarely makes the playoffs and he actually played a year for the Redskins!

All the original members of the league, it started in 2001, are supposed NFL gurus and they made fun of me and my spreadsheets all year and last year as well.  Last year was my first and I made the playoffs with a winning record and I was 3rd in scoring. This year I was tied for the best record, 2nd in scoring, won my division, and won the champioship. I just told all the "gurus" SCOREBOARD!!! 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vick as a brick
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »
Hey jn !

Dang, it's been a looong time ~ howzit, brah? 

Michael Vick got pounded in that game ~ still, it was the many errors comitted by the Eaglets' receivers that cost them the win. I have never played fantasy, but as a ESPN morning show viewer,I hear all the rants by Skip Bayless about how lousy Vick is so I pay attention to his stats. I agree with whoever it was who said that the passer rating does not weight QB rushing yardage properly when determining it. Vick still rolled up more than 300 total yards despite the porous o~line of Philadelphia so I imagine fantasy fans would still prefer his stats to Tom Brady's.

Shaq #1 .
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Vick as a brick
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »
Hey jn !

Dang, it's been a looong time ~ howzit, brah? 

Michael Vick got pounded in that game ~ still, it was the many errors comitted by the Eaglets' receivers that cost them the win. I have never played fantasy, but as a ESPN morning show viewer,I hear all the rants by Skip Bayless about how lousy Vick is so I pay attention to his stats. I agree with whoever it was who said that the passer rating does not weight QB rushing yardage properly when determining it. Vick still rolled up more than 300 total yards despite the porous o~line of Philadelphia so I imagine fantasy fans would still prefer his stats to Tom Brady's.

Shaq #1 .

We use a pretty standard scoring system in our league, last year Brees and Brady went off for 50+ put that was when they threw for record breaking touchdowns 4/5 in a single game and people were amazed.  This year Vick had a game when he went off for 60+ points and a couple of 40ish games because of his rushing yards.  Vick really adds a huge dimension with his running ability but it comes at the cost of injury.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"