Author Topic: Barkley on Amare  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Barkley on Amare
« on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
"What do you call a Power Forward that averages 7 rebounds per game? A Small Forward."

And if you throw in no defense?

To think, I used to be an Amare fan.  What a disgrace.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Barkley on Amare
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
I still think he is a fun player to watch on the offensive end.  Also, I don't know what is up with him in New York but he is capable of rebounding.  He had quite a few monster games in the playoffs of 30-15 while still in Arizona.

Hes so quick and can get off the ground so fast I wonder how he could be such a below average defender.  His speed for his size alone should make him a half way decent help defender.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 02:08:23 PM »
...if he had half-a-basketball-brain at all.

Amare's problems are the same problems he's always had:  too big of an ego, and too small of a brain.  He is one of the most physically gifted athletes in the league, but while other big men were working on their post games, Amare was talking about the 3-pointers he was going to hoist the next year.  Several times, he declared that he didn't see why Phoenix didn't make him into their franchise player the way Cleveland did with LeBron or LA did with Kobe.  Then again, Kobe and LeBron don't wander onto the court when someone cheap-shots their point guard, resulting in a potentially series-changing suspension.

I personally liked Amare's reasoning at the time;  he wouldn't be suspended, because he was checking into the game.  Except, of course, that you cannot check into the game on a technical foul situation, until AFTER the free throw has been shot.  Oh well.

Amare is the definition of over-rated.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 07:06:40 PM »
...if he had half-a-basketball-brain at all.

Amare's problems are the same problems he's always had:  too big of an ego, and too small of a brain.  He is one of the most physically gifted athletes in the league, but while other big men were working on their post games, Amare was talking about the 3-pointers he was going to hoist the next year.  Several times, he declared that he didn't see why Phoenix didn't make him into their franchise player the way Cleveland did with LeBron or LA did with Kobe.  Then again, Kobe and LeBron don't wander onto the court when someone cheap-shots their point guard, resulting in a potentially series-changing suspension.

I personally liked Amare's reasoning at the time;  he wouldn't be suspended, because he was checking into the game.  Except, of course, that you cannot check into the game on a technical foul situation, until AFTER the free throw has been shot.  Oh well.

Amare is the definition of over-rated.

The answer to the franchise player question is simple........because that was already Steve Nash.  You can't be a franchise player and not be able to put your teammates into positions that they can get shots or score.  Amare is no Chris Webber on the block so I don't see how he thinks he would do so much creating for his squad.

Again though, I guess it would require you to not be brain dead to realize what I just typed.  I don't know if that can be said about Amare.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
Surprised that Barkley hasn't gone after Bosh for having BACK TO BACK 1 rebound games.