Author Topic: LeDrama James been a little beeyotch for years. Kobe's beeyotch if you ask me.  (Read 1283 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James? immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could?ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn?t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren?t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA?s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ?08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ?08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James? inner circle, ?The Enablers.? No one ever told him to grow up. No one ever challenged him. And yet, James was still a powerful pull for his teammates, and everyone had to agree they could no longer let his bossy and belittling act go unchecked. These weren?t the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Team USA wasn?t beholden to him.

After the NBA witnessed the behavior of James and his business manager Maverick Carter during the 2007 All-Star Weekend, the commissioner?s office sent word to USA Basketball the league wouldn?t force James on them for the Olympics. Before Team USA gathered for the 2007 Tournament of the Americas in Las Vegas, an unmistakable message had been delivered to James through Nike: Unless you change, we?re serious about leaving you home.

?Legacies were on the line,? one league official said, ?and they weren?t going to let LeBron [expletive] it up for everyone in China.?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
These are the same guys who messed up the moving to Miami fiasco that I think really dented his brand and image.  I think the giving up in the playoffs did it for a lot of die hard NBA fans and the actions in the off-season for a good deal more everyday NBA fans. 

Did we have the discussion on this board of James hiring his BFF to manage his brand and his sports management company?   I remember talking to someone about it and saying I thought it was a bad idea because not everyone can stand up to a friend the same way they would with an individual they have a business relationship with.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com