Author Topic: OK City win 50 games next year?  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OK City win 50 games next year?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:37:13 AM »
Durant fouled by CJ Miles on his final shot as if Miles was going for the intentional foul.  Hacked Durant on the arm obvious to all.
Nice win, Pasties.  Rip off!

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100406/daily-dime
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:36:16 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
NBA Statement on the Oklahoma City-Utah Game From Tuesday Night

NEW YORK, April 7, 2010 ? Joel Litvin, NBA President, League and Basketball Operations, issued the following statement regarding the final seconds of the Oklahoma City Thunder at Utah Jazz game last night at EnergySolutions Arena:

"On the final play of last night?s Oklahoma City-Utah game, the officials missed a foul committed by the Jazz?s C.J. Miles on the Thunder?s Kevin Durant during a three-point shot attempt.?

http://www.nba.com/official/nba_statement_oklahoma_city_utah_game.html#?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The Sternfishes offered the following solution:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »

Hey maybe OKCity can help Greg Pop avoid being the 8th seed.  Yao and Chris Paul have already pitched in and helped 'Popped.
OKC @ Portland Monday April 12th.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:17:45 AM »
The OKC Chokers indeed saved Pop from facing Phil J again.  Most disappointing.

Nice halftime lead at Portland (minus Roy) choked away to the tune of 60-44 2nd half.
Turnovers off the hook in this OKC skid.

Vancil, were you praying for this?  Only one more game for OKC to blow, stuck at 49.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »
Why would I be praying for it?  NO ONE actually predicted OKC to win 50 games.

I know how you are into making sure that no one is misstating your position, and for that reason, I quote:

Yes, i never said for a fact OKC would win 50 games.  Only implied it by the thread theme and by making the thread most certainly raised it as a possibility.  Get it?  I never did claim to state for a fact OKC would win 50 games.

source:  http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=6079.30

I may or may not be wrong that OKC wins 50 games;  we'll see.  What is important here is that you never said one way or the other whether you thought they would or wouldn't.  You will neither be "wrong" nor "right."  All you have to hope for is that I'm wrong.

Actually, I hope OKC wins.  You've recently invested quite a bit of potential credibility on the "where did I say it?" sort of thing.  In order for you to have any leg to stand on, you'll have to admit that what you *IMPLY* is fair game for criticism, and you'll have to drop the "specifically, where did I say that?" thing you've been doing.  And if the rules you set up come back to bite you, rest assured, I WILL BE LAUGHING MY @$$ OFF.  I've *GOT* credibility with the folks on here to sacrifice;  do you?
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »
Wow you are working overtime on this. 

One thing i *CAN* say, at least you voted/commented on this OKC season.   For all the "lets discuss basketball" squaking that westkoast does, basically no one other then 3-4 of us weighed in on this.

OKC seriously needs to learn how to close games they are leading, specifically cutting down on the turnovers and specifically the guards and specifically Westbrook. 

All I had to hope for is past now.  I wanted OKC to finish 6th or 7th and thus keep San Antonio in the 8th spot for a Spurs-Lakers Round 1 matchup.
Whether OKC does or does not win 50 is kind of now anti climactic.  But since I implied it was possible i will still be light years closer then YOU were.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:03:34 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
done