Author Topic: Kobe OWNS!!!!  (Read 21574 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobe OWNS!!!!
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa.  Are you telling me Artest was in the game?
Was it an out of bounds or out of a timeout play.  (anyplay that began when the clock was off).

If so  :D :D Xs10 the blunder of not doubling-denying Kobe.

The play I was reffering to in my post was a few weeks back.  It was an out of bounce play drawn up.  Kobe got caught with two defenders on him past the 3 point line so he hit a WIDE OPEN Ron Artest in the corner.  Ended up being a brick.  A bad one at that.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »
^^ just went back and modified my last post after viewing play.
What pathetic team D by Raptors.  Nice shot by Kobes ala Jordan imitation but pathetic effort by Raps to allow that positioning for shot.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2010, 02:27:17 AM »
^^ just went back and modified my last post after viewing play.
What pathetic team D by Raptors.  Nice shot by Kobes ala Jordan imitation but pathetic effort by Raps to allow that positioning for shot.

I'd put 2 guys on him no matter what and give any other guy a wide open shot.  The only real threat in crunch time outside of Kobe Bryant (IMO) is Derek Fisher.  Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, and any one else who might be in is much better than Kobe getting a shot off with only one defender.  The chance of Kobe making a shot with one defender on him is greater than a Jordan Farmar or Ron Artest making a wide open game winning shot.

The one other thing I find it strange no one has picked up on is he is much easier to strip in a game winning/tying situation  if someone gets to him before the ball goes above his waist.  His eyes are fully focused in on the rim.  There have been two times this year where he has been stripped when he has taken a shot in crunch time because he is expecting a challenge at the top.  He doesn't do the reach through move in that situation to try to draw a foul.  That usually comes on the wing or the top of the key.  Not on the side lines where he would be catching the ball on an in bound, last second shot play.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »
A quick question.

Had the man not touched the ball, and Calderon not touched the ball, who would the ball have been out on?  If the Raptors, then I don't see a lot of relevance here.  If the Lakers, then the referees blew the call, because it should have been called dead the moment the man touched it, and that would make it out on the Lakers.

Therefore, I believe the ball was going out off of a Raptor, in which case, the ball wasn't properly controlled.  A heroic save by Calderon might have saved the possession, but the fact remains that it's the lack of control that's the problem - not some heroic save attempt that was thwarted.

The fact that Bryant won another game is amazing.  The fact that no one is focusing on stopping SPECIFICALLY him is ludicrous.  Reminds me of the LA/Phoenix playoff game, where EVERYONE knew Bryant was going to get the ball, and sure enough, there he was, with no one on him, and not due to some great move.

Maybe it's jst me, but at the end of a game, my FIRST focus defensively is stopping the opponent's primary threat.  And especially so when that primary threat isn't known for giving up the ball in such circumstances (or the primary threat has a history of general selfishness).

Had the fan not been there it would not have mattered because Calderon was definately going to get to the ball BUT he had stepped out of bounds so it would not have mattered either way.  Calderon had no intention of just letting the ball go out of bounds so I think it was  Raptor who touched it last.

That makes sense.  Kind of one of those "duh" moments of me asking.

That means the initial problem was in the Raptors not initially controlling the ball.  Can't fault a fan for that.  That's on the Raptor players.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »
That makes sense.  Kind of one of those "duh" moments of me asking.

That means the initial problem was in the Raptors not initially controlling the ball.  Can't fault a fan for that.  That's on the Raptor players.
Ya because you're supposed to control where your teamates three point attempt will caroom off to if he misses.  ::)

WayOutWest
Had the fan not been there it would not have mattered because Calderon was definately going to get to the ball BUT he had stepped out of bounds so it would not have mattered either way.  Calderon had no intention of just letting the ball go out of bounds so I think it was  Raptor who touched it last.
Could someone ask W.O.W. if he is just making this up or if he saw a replay that showed Calderon stepped out of bounds.
This angle does not show one way or another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1adRto8LY

However it does show definite fan interference and all indications are Calderon would have tipped it easily over the heads of the Laker defenders and to the Raptor closest to half court.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »
Kobe Owns!!!! vs the Trailblazers.

Wonder if Phil was wanting to assure they face Popovich instead of the Blazers?