Author Topic: Zigs whats REALLY going on with the Pritchard vs Front office fiasco?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Any insight you can provide to us?  There seems like any reports are very vague and to those of us outside of the area it seems strange.  At least it does to me.  I mean the team has been rocked by injuries all year, still are making the playoffs, and seem to continue to play spite all the other bs.  What could they REALLY be fighting about?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zigs whats REALLY going on with the Pritchard vs Front office fiasco?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
To be honest I have hardly followed it.  The Oregonian no longer delivers to where I live, so I have to take time to go online to read it.  I am doing an Investments class (with apologies to all those who may be offended, but this Investments class is total fucking bullshit), plus I am doing a Financial Reporting class as well.  So I am working 40 hours a week, and doing homework for about the same amount.

So I am really not all that up to speed with it.  I don't know what happened with Tom Penn, he seemed like a good guy, but he obviously pissed off the wrong people.

As far as Pritchard, all I can say is he has done an excellent job so far.  The Vulcan guys (Paul Allen's investment guys) seem to have him in their sights.  All I can say is compare Vulcan to the Blazers under KP.  In the past 10-12 years, Paul Allen has gone from being worth $40 billion to about 10 billion, and the Blazers under Pritchard have gone from 21 wins to 54 last year, and will win close to 50 after losing half their roster to injuries.

Looks to me like the Vulcan guys are the incompetent boobs, and that Pritchard should be firing them, not the other way around.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zigs whats REALLY going on with the Pritchard vs Front office fiasco?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
Hay some info is better than nothing!  I appreciate you just adding your take seeing as you seem to be really busy lately.  I wanted to ask you as a Blazers faithful on your take.  It seems like the fans would back Pritchard for the simple fact he took the team from 'Jail Blazers' to an up and coming team that plays hard and if the squad was every fully healthy for the entire year, could do damage.

I didnt realize it was investment guys because in all the articles about it, it is just mentioned as 'executives' Not that investment people can't be executives in the team, just when you put it like you did, makes you go hmmmmmmmmm.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com