Author Topic: Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?  (Read 7172 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »
Didn't seem to make a difference today.

I watched the Orlando/Cleveland game with much interest yesterday.  Jamison looked good when he was playing, and when he got into foul trouble was when Orlando was able to come back.  That game was decided in the final few minutes when Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter played a two-man game and broke Cleveland's defense.

If Jamison was able to be on the court, Carter wouldn't have been able to score so easily.  I think it will take Cleveland a while to work out the kinks, but I think it will work for them very well, eventually.  It's Cleveland's guards that are the problem.

Besides, Orlando has a lot of talent and they were the team that got to the finals. I didn't like the trade with Hedo and VC being swapped, but watching Vince score yesterday in crunch time showed what he brings to the Magic. It's not like Cleveland lost to a bad team, they just weren't ready for that test. Orlando has been trying to figure out how to use Vince from the beginning of the season and work Jameer back into the line-up. They don't pass the ball as well as they did last season, but they have better individual scorers.

After Cleveland has Jamison for a while, thing will get better for them.  It's a big adjustment adding a 20 point scorer.

Jamison would not be chasing around Vince Carter, he would be chasing around Rashard Lewis.  That is why they got Jamison.  Not to try to defend Vince Carter.

That may be, but no-one for Cleveland could stop Vince at the end of the game, and that's why they lost.  They put LeBron on him and then Jameer went to work, which is why I said Cleveland's guards were a problem. Not too many guards can handle Jameer anyway, and he is looking very good right now.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
Didn't seem to make a difference today.

I watched the Orlando/Cleveland game with much interest yesterday.  Jamison looked good when he was playing, and when he got into foul trouble was when Orlando was able to come back.  That game was decided in the final few minutes when Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter played a two-man game and broke Cleveland's defense.

If Jamison was able to be on the court, Carter wouldn't have been able to score so easily.  I think it will take Cleveland a while to work out the kinks, but I think it will work for them very well, eventually.  It's Cleveland's guards that are the problem.

Besides, Orlando has a lot of talent and they were the team that got to the finals. I didn't like the trade with Hedo and VC being swapped, but watching Vince score yesterday in crunch time showed what he brings to the Magic. It's not like Cleveland lost to a bad team, they just weren't ready for that test. Orlando has been trying to figure out how to use Vince from the beginning of the season and work Jameer back into the line-up. They don't pass the ball as well as they did last season, but they have better individual scorers.

After Cleveland has Jamison for a while, thing will get better for them.  It's a big adjustment adding a 20 point scorer.

Jamison would not be chasing around Vince Carter, he would be chasing around Rashard Lewis.  That is why they got Jamison.  Not to try to defend Vince Carter.

That may be, but no-one for Cleveland could stop Vince at the end of the game, and that's why they lost.  They put LeBron on him and then Jameer went to work, which is why I said Cleveland's guards were a problem. Not too many guards can handle Jameer anyway, and he is looking very good right now.

They did beat the Cavs with out Nelson last year so it will be interesting to see come playoff time if they get torched by him.

Honestly I don't expect Vince to carry this team at the end of the game in the playoffs.  I can only recount one series was he was able to do that and that was when he was much younger with out a whole heck lot less miles on those legs.  In my opinion if Lebron really focused in on it he could be a heck of a defender.  He is fast and strong.  There really is no reason he shouldn't be able to keep Vince Carter in check for most of a series.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com