Author Topic: personal listening devices  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
personal listening devices
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
Okay i don't know what their official title is.

My needs/applications:
Record public talks.
Must have FM radio and be able to record from said radio.
Sound quality from recordings and d/ls needs to be excellent
Microphone so i can make talks and have it record it.
Mp3 compatible of course.
Able to be downloaded to and fro, to so i can retrieve stuff off a website, fro so i can play said recorded public talks etc in my living room and car.
At least 30 hours of storage space, more like 150+ better.
Price I'd like it done for $400 or less

IPOD?
other options?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: personal listening devices
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
To my knowledge there is not just a single device that does everything you want and meets all your requirements.

The IPOD Touch doesn't have a microphone by default so it wouldn't record for you.  It also doesn't have an FM Tuner.  Though if you have a wifi connection you can use the IHEARTRADIO application to connect to most of your favorite stations.  Ditto for an IPHONE which has a 3G data connection.  Honestly you might want to look at an IPHONE.  If you want to browse sites, download from those sites, and be able to take this around to plug in at friends that is  the way to go.  It also has applications up the wazoo, it doubles as an mp3 player, you can find an application to record sound (though I dont know how great it is) and a whole other mess of features.  You always have your cell phone on you so you might as well roll this other device into it.  Or of course you can use an Android Based phone, it will do the same things, similar apps for what you want to do if you don't want to deal with at&t.

An ITOUCH will do most of what you want but if you dont have wifi no FM radio and no downloading off sites.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:58:57 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
No I'm told there are units that will do all that.  ^^^ Will update if/when found.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
No I'm told there are units that will do all that.  ^^^ Will update if/when found.

There are but not that have all the  space size you want or quality applications that you were looking for.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com