Author Topic: NBA discourages player enthusiasm shared with fans after win  (Read 865 times)

jemagee

NBA discourages player enthusiasm shared with fans after win
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
much like swimming after eating, you must wait a set amount of time before telling fans how excited you are about a win.

Bucks rookie Brandon Jennings has been fined $7,500 for posting a message on his Twitter account after Milwaukee's 108-101 double overtime win over Portland last weekend.

Jennings was fined for the timing of his post, not the content when he tweeted: "Back to 500. Yess!!! "500" means where doing good. Way to Play Hard Guys."

The fine was announced Friday before the Bucks played at Cleveland.

According to the NBA's social media policy, players cannot tweet during game time, defined as beginning 45 minutes before the game starts and ending after players have finished talking to the media following the game.

The message has been removed from Jennings' account.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA discourages player enthusiasm shared with fans after win
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
Yet another example of the league setting a rule that has no leeway for someone to make a JUDGEMENT call.  I am real tired of these black and white rules the league has.

Had he bashed a ref on twitter (while I dont agree) would make more sense to fine him.  Being excited about a win?  Nothing.  I don't think the NBA realizes that BJ has a lot of followers and it's free marketing for the league.  How else would you get 50k people into anything resembling a Buck? LOL.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com