Author Topic: Dodgers are in trouble now.  (Read 1566 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Dodgers are in trouble now.
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
Now that the Phillies bats have awakened, there's no going back. That explosion of runs in the ninth inning to win the game was incredible, and even though the Dodgers pitcher was throwing flame, Jimmy Rollins hit a 99mph. fastball for a double to win it.

Nothing the Dodgers could do, nothing Torry could have done to make a difference.

With the Phillies up 3-1 and another game here in Phila. it would be an amazing feat for the Dodgers to even force the Series back to LA. Thus far the Phillies pitching is keeping the Dodgers out of it.

Maybe the Angels will take out the Yankees.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dodgers are in trouble now.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
The Phillies really seem to have that closers number.

Hope to see Philly win it all.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
All the more reason Torre should have managed correctly in the Gm 1 botch.

Not that the Phils still would not have won but.....

Ditto the Angels.  Seems Socia has become Torre in being regular season good coach but playoff outer.  What is it, 6 playoffs now with no Series?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:01:13 AM »
Phils would you please, please go on to beat the Skunkies?

Wasn't it just a while ago dabods and rt you Philly fans had not much to cheer about?  Now you've got a back to back title chance.  Nice.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
Torre was criticized soundly all year for 'over use' of his bullpen but come LCS everyone seemed to think that that over used bullpen was suddenly back to 'beginning of season' health and all that over use wouldn't impact them...which is kind of nonsensical logic, but than again TBS could barely contain their obvious love for the Dodgers.

That team is about to go down in flames as the divorce of the owner leads to cost cutting and desperation...letting the McCords buy the team when there was a stronger better hometown offer was a mistake that I'm glad is about to bite MLB squarely in the arse...

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »
7-6 Angels woohoo!  No i do not think they will come back but i would love to see them force the Yankees into a 7th game sweat.

Is Fuentes on the Vegas-Yankee payroll?

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »
Frank McCord - currently separated from his wife and working through a divorce decided to fire said wife as CEO of the Dodgers...

Giants fans are doing backflips right now.