Author Topic: Clippers' Griffin out six weeks  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Clippers' Griffin out six weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »
How do you break your kneecap after a dunk?  Did he collide with someone, something, or just from the landing?

"Griffin apparently broke his kneecap during the Clippers? final exhibition game against New Orleans last Friday, perhaps after a dunk that left the power forward wincing in pain."

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:53 AM »
I'm not sure Bill Simmons has ever been right, but my fantasy team might be

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
There is just a big dark cloud right over that team.  Seems like something will go wrong no matter what.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »
There is just a big dark cloud right over that team.  Seems like something will go wrong no matter what.

And there's one over the redskins, the raiders, the cowboys, the kansas city royals, the pittsburgh pirates.

And it's the same kind of cloud.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »

And there's one over the redskins, the raiders, the cowboys, the kansas city royals, the pittsburgh pirates.

And it's the same kind of cloud.

I'm not sure you can quite put "#1 draft pick breaking his knee cap" in the same category of failure as "owner doesn't have the financial ability to compete".

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »
I'm not sure you can quite put "#1 draft pick breaking his knee cap" in the same category of failure as "owner doesn't have the financial ability to compete".

Incompetent ownership is not the same as doesn't have the financial ability to compete.

Those owners all have the ability to compete - to spend money to field competitive teams but for a variety of reasons (cheapness for some, incompetence for others and the inability to realize they should sign the paychecks and shut up for others) they don't.

The 'dark cloud' over the clippers didn't suddenly appear now did it?  This has been a non competetive poorly run franchise for close to 2 decades in a city that if a second consistent winner would probably accept it (or more smartly, if sterling wasn't too lazy to make the drive, move down to anaheim in that shiny arena waiting for a tenant.)

Not sure that '#1 draft pick breaking his knee cap' is the same as a 'dark cloud' over that team...that dark cloud has been there for a long while...

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:04:14 PM »
Here I thought we were talking about the injury to Griffin.

I do not believe in a curse (or dark cloud) that affected the injury.  I do not believe that bad basketball decisions in the past affected the injury.  I do not believe this injury is "the same kind of cloud". that has caused the Clippers, Redskins, Pirates or Royals to be bad.  I believe bad luck caused the injury.

As I basketball fan, I think this is unfortunate.