Author Topic: Phils, all this rest can only help -right?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phils, all this rest can only help -right?
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
It's officially Sunday 4:03 EST.  Dunno what the NYC forecast is, but if Gm 6 is a go and if the Skunkies win i would say the rest has been nothing but good for the Phils.

However if Gm 6 gets rained out again, or for that matter if the Angels prevail and force 7, or both and Gm 7 ends up being on like Tuesday, do you like all this rest or not?

Obvious upside is Yankees and Angels use up starting pitching while Phils pitching rests, esp if the 7th game gets forced then CC Sabatical will have to throw.  With the World Series scheduled to begin Wed Oct 28th, will it start then anyways even if the Skunks and Angels play Gm 7 on Tuesday?  That would be a major upside for Philly.  I dont think MLB will do that but will they?

Downside is weather.  Why don't you NorthEastern teams build baseball parks with retractable roofs?  Greedy Yankees especially, sheesh. 

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phils, all this rest can only help -right?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 11:27:53 AM »
Yeah, the rest is definitely a good thing.  When you have as many injuries as this team does, every extra day helps.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
Going 7 games so CC Sabathia wouldn't be available would be more helpful...getting the angels over the yankees as they like to swing a lot, would be more helpful

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
the angels were third in all of baseball this year in OBP.

(granted, the yankees were first, but 3rd out of 30 I'm not sure qualifies as "likes to swing a lot".

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
Well technically they were 3rd behind the yankees and red sox...still prefer the angels over the yankees offense and definitely prefer the angels pitching staff over the yankees...

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »
Boooo Socia.  Leaving Sanders in as long as he did.  It's an elimination game!  Have your relievers ready to go at the 1st sign of meltdown.

Well the Skunkies don't have to use up CC Sabatical.  Now i need the Phils to punk Sabatical anyways.  Go Phils!